Peace
Directed by: Frank Marshall | Produced by: Frank Marshall
Right To Play [Excerpt]
6:37
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

Right To Play [Excerpt]

Directed by: Frank Marshall | Produced by: Frank Marshall | Documentary | 2012 | USA | 6:37

Instead of cashing in on his Olympic haul, Johann Olav Koss embarked on a remarkable journey that has established him as one of the world's greatest ambassadors of sports. As the founder, President and CEO of Right To Play, Koss and his army of volunteers, teachers, coaches and diplomats have used the power of athletics to elevate the lives of the world's neediest children. This film is the winner of The Ron Kovic Peace Prize and Best of Fest in the 2012 MY HERO International Film Festival. Director Frank Marshall had this response: “Johann and his organization are literally heroes to children in need around the globe,” he stated. “So it’s extremely appropriate and a great honor to accept these two awards from The MY HERO Project on behalf of our film on Johann Olav Koss and his incredible organization, Right to Play.”

WINNER of the Ron Kovic Peace Prize 2012!

For More Information

Acceptance speech by Ryan Suffren at USC - Festival Awards Ceremony
Right to Play Interntional
<
>

14:19
2020 IFF Ron Kovic Peace Prize
2:17:14
2020 MY HERO International Film Festival Screening and Award Ceremony
The annual MY HERO International Film Festival Screening and Award Ceremony was held on December 12, 2020 via Zoom. Participants from all over the world helped celebrate the best of humanity!
2:15
Francesco [Trailer]
FRANCESCO is the latest film from Oscar and Emmy-nominated Director Evgeny Afineevsky, featuring exclusive interviews with His Holiness Pope Francis, His Holiness Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, Mark Kennedy Shriver, Sister Norma Pimentel, and Juan Carlos Cruz, among others.
1:46
Voices for Peace
Diverse people from across the globe come together and share a hopeful message that despite our challenges and differences, peace is possible.
1:16
The Peace of Wild Things
When despair for the world grows in me… ...I come into the peace of wild things. ~Wendell Barry
9:26
Shymaa's story from GAZA - "We Are the Ones"
Shymaa's story sparked the 2 Unite All benefit album with 30 world famed musicians ...
Kyle Carpenter
The Valley of Light Project
The inner flame resides in the heart of each individual, that is why we are all interconnected. All individual flames unite as One Universal Flame of Love and Compassion. 2020 song contest winner
10:00
The Curious Scroll: How Does Something Ugly Become Beautiful
Being curious could just be the needed element to bring people together and overcome differences.
6:19
NNSC
Members of NNSC, National Network for Safe Communities, discuss their world-wide programs that work to reduce and prevent violence in communities.
10:13
The Atomic Tree - 原爆の木
The Atomic Tree is a journey into the memories of one of the most revered trees in the world-- a 400-year-old Japanese White Pine bonsai that survived the atomic blast in Hiroshima.
We Must Do Something(Anything) by DJ Trotsky
The news can be depressing and we can feel hopeless.
International Day of Peace
Information on ways to contribute to the International Day of Peace Further resources >> https://internationaldayofpeace.org/get-involved/
A Brave and Startling Truth
Maya Angelou reads her poem "A Brave and Startling Truth" which she wrote in commemoration of the UN's 50th Anniversary, in 1995.
To The Boy - for Mattie J.T. Stepanek
Mattie's life philosophy was to play after every storm, so now, when we all feel tossed about but the waves of our world, we must remember to hold onto hope.
Salutation to the Dawn
Pastor Basch, A Personal Hero
9:31
Bullets to Books (Excerpt)
A film exploring The Jüdische Kulturbund Project and the critical importance of peace in South Sudan.
Make a Difference
This song is all about how me and you will come together as one and make a difference that other generations can benefit from.
1:39
My Hero - Walter Sisulu: South African Leader
My film talks about Walter Sisulu and how he was connected to my subject matter in my book.