Teacher

The Contenders

Produced by: by Lucy Walker & Joseph Peeler | Animation | 2015 | USA

Biologists spent ten years trying to map the structure of the elusive Mason Pfizer Monkey Virus, a problem that could unlock the cure for AIDS. The Contenders solved it in three weeks. Using the online puzzle game Fold It, scientists are enlisting video gamers to solve real- world problems.

<
>

Marc Ostrick - MEDIA ARTS MENTOR
Marc Ostrick - WINNER of the 2019 Media Arts Educator Award, shares about his work with - ChangeChitra | MY HERO and Video Volunteers - Dept. of State Grant - India.
He Named Me Malala - Official Trailer
This documentary is a portrait of Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Malala Yousafzai. It documents her personal life and her inspiring journey as an activist.
Supercharging the Classroom: Using Technology to Support Personalized Learning
Sal Khan founded a school on the same principles of personalization that drove the success of his YouTube tutorials.
9:00
WOJ!
Esther Wojcicki shares her vision for a Moonshot Movement in Education.
2
The Future of Our Species
This fall marks the release of 'Leonardo's Brain,' the book that Director Tiffany Shlain's father and best-selling author, Leonard Shlain, finished days before he passed away. Tiffany builds off her father's ideas to explore the future of our species.
Teen Press - Featuring John Seigel Boettner
&ldquo;Teen Press&rdquo; is a short documentary about one semester of the Santa Barbara Middle School Teen Press program.
Young Storytellers -
Our mission is simple: we inspire young people to discover the power of their voice. Using one-on-one mentorship, low-income students learn how to write original stories and see them brought to life on stage and film. As a result, young people learn that their voice matters.
The Super Supercapacitor
Ric Kaner set out to find a new way to make graphene, the thinnest and strongest material on earth. What he found was a new way to power the world.
Teacher Self-Learning Academy (TSLA)
Using 21st century technology to bring self-directed learning to the remotest parts of Rwanda
2.5 Minutes
Freedom Writers: Stories From an Undeclared War [Trailer]
Inspired by their teacher, Erin Gruwell, and the writings of Anne Frank, the students discover a new way to express themselves.
4
MY HERO Global Educator Award - Paul Cummins
MY HERO honors Paul Cummins at the 2014 MY HERO International Film Festival
8:30
Vinnie Ream: Abraham Lincoln's Young Sculptor
The teenage girl art prodigy Vinnie Ream who has been studying sculpture models Abraham Lincoln for a bust and Congress gives her the job of making a marble statue after his tragic death.
4:35
A Tribute to Sylvia Earle
A tribute to oceanographer Sylvia Earle from One World One Ocean.
6:58
Laurence Tan: The Tool of Teaching
A teacher with with a mission.
9:09
Rowena Gerber's Solar Oven Project & Environmental Studies
Rowena Gerber shares her passion for the environment.