High School

Following Heart

Directed by: Matthew Marroquin | Produced by: Taft High School | PSA | 2017 | USA

What does it mean to follow your heart?

<
>

7:09
Dreamers
We wanted to spread awareness about DACA. Our film main priority was to educate people about this issues surrounding DACA students.
3:09
Girl's Education
Summer PENCC gives children the platform to discuss about the important of girls’ education from their perspectives thus sending strong messages to the public at large and in particular to those in the decision-making.
5:37
Voz Libre
A U.S. teen travels to the U.S.-Mexico border and creates an original song and music video inspired by what he sees.
11:37
From AIDS to Advice: LGBTQ+ Seniors Tell Their Stories
Nine LGBTQ+ senior citizens share their experiences, including coming out stories, life during the HIV/AIDS crisis, and advice for LGBTQ+ youth, parents, and allies.
3:30
Hoodies Up
Students throw their hoods up, create art and make a statement.
6:42
Gray Areas
Two U.S. teens travel to the U.S.-Mexico border to explore the gray areas of governmental policies and human experience in this contested region.
3:22
Dear Me
Students in Wide Angle Youth Media's High School Video Team created personal stories around the collective them "Why Black Lives Matter". This is Sama's story.
5:17
Friendship Park
Three U.S. teens travel to the U.S.-Mexico border and discover Friendship Park, a place where people from both sides can come together once a week.
5:00
In the Eyes of the Youth: Memories of Race
"In the Eyes of the Youth: Memories of Race" examines race in our upbringing by asking the question, "what is your first memory of being of your race?" Baltimore Speaks Out youth producers at the Govans Branch of the Enoch Pratt Free Library explore community member's memories alongside their own, portraying the emotional weight of learning racism from a young age.
7:15
Void
In Spring 2017, high school students in Wide Angle Youth Media’s Mentoring Video Project explore Joelle's story of depression and of how the signs are more apparent than you think.
2:00
Save My School
This video was created by Wide Angle Youth Producers to send a powerful message to all who watch: that the citizens of Baltimore will not go down without a fight.
4:06
Āmrikā
An Iranian-American teenager travels to a small village in Iran to interview people about their opinions of America. She examines what they have to say and contrasts that with some of the stereotypes that characterize the Middle East.
5:37
Kim Phuc - excerpt from The Sunrise Storyteller
Young filmmaker Kasha Slavner interviews Unesco Goodwill Ambassador Phan Thi Kim Phuc, who survived a napalm bomb when she was a 9-year-old during the Vietnam War.
4:26
The Hustle: Life of Subway Performers
Busking: playing music or other forms of performing for voluntary donations in the street or in subways; better known as "The Hustle"
7:21
The Fabric of America
Under our broken immigration system, thousands of people are living in fear every day, and peaceful members of society are being targeted as criminals. This film explores the many sides and issues underlying this complex and controversial topic, and shows how these issues manifest locally, in Montgomery County, Maryland.
The Fabric of America
4:30
News Travels Fast
A short Documentary about how technology and social media help communities in times of hardships, and keeping communities up to date with current events.
4:31
Find a Way
"Find a way" music produced by the BAYCAT Fall 2017 music performance class. Video produced by the BAYCAT Fall 2017 youth filmmaking class.
2:39
Beginning of Community
A short animation on the importance of community beginning with family.
3:32
RePainting the Mission
A short documentary on the issue of displacement in the actively changing Mission District in San Francisco, CA. Produced by the Fall 2017 Youth Filmmaking program.