Ocean
Fragile - Why Turtle Hatchlings need the Sea
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

The life cycle of a marine turtle is complex. Nowadays, they are facing challenging changes to their habitats and encounter all kinds new dangers imposed upon them by modern humans. All sea turtle species are threatened with extinction. 
To help save sea turtles, marine conservation facilities around the world hatch sea turtle eggs and keep the hatchlings in tanks until they have grown stronger and more fit for a survival in the wild. The short film "Fragile" talks with sea turtle conservationist Siân Williams of the Gili Eco Trust, who explains why baby sea turtles need the sea immediately after they hatched out of their nests and why it is best to let nature take care of them.

<
>

4:16
freeFLY
A collaboration between Oceans Unmanned and DJI utilizing drones to help entangled humpback whales.
6:31
Looking After Our Environment: James Price Point
Mark Jones speaks out against a gas development complex that spells doomsday for some species living around James Price Point.
5:39
Defending The Deep
A tireless defender of the oceans and marine life, Claire Nouvian was the 2018 European recipient of the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize.
6:06
Blue Ventures
In 2004, realizing that conversation had to go beyond counting species, marine biologist Alasdair Harris encouraged a coastal Madagascar community to close off a small section of their octopus-fishing area for a few months, to see if this would boost productivity.
7:08
Protecting Blue Whales and Blue Skies
A collaboration of government agencies, non-profits, and private industry come together to solve the problem of commercial ships causing increased air pollution and whale strikes in the Santa Barbara Channel.
13:06
Gwala Rising in the Bwanabwana Islands
Gwala Rising in the Bwanabwana Islands depicts the revitalization of traditional conservation practices in the islands of Papua New Guinea.
4 min
Bazaruto Ocean Guardians
Meet the Ocean Guardians of Bazaruto Mozambique, who work tirelessly to teach local communities about the importance of conservation.
8:58
Invisible Ocean: Plankton & Plastic
INVISIBLE OCEAN: PLANKTON AND PLASTIC is a documentary that follows NYC Environmental Artist Mara G. Haseltine as she create a sculpture to reveal a microscopic threat beneath the surface of the ocean.
8:58
Invisible Ocean: Plankton & Plastic
This doc follows NYC sci-artist Mara G. Haseltine as she creates a sculpture to reveal a microscopic threat beneath the surface of the ocean.
3:06
With Change Comes Opportunity
Rob Pennicott was disappointed the day his local fishing spot was turned into a marine park. Today, Rob says his fishing tourism business, Pennicott Wilderness Journeys, is reliant not just on good fisheries management, but on the longevity of marine park areas in Tasmania.
4:28
OCEAN DEFENDERS ALLIANCE / Isla Coronado Ghost Net - Excerpt
Removing a ghost net from the sea.
Mr. Whale
Karim Sall, from Senegal, is nicknamed, Mr. Whale for his devotion to protecting sea life, and for his activism for ocean conservation in Senegal.