Fathers from the Guestbook

Many visitors to our guestbook have named their own fathers or grandfathers as heroes.

Linda Payne from Sebring, FL, U.S.A.

My father is my hero because he has always tried to be honest and honorable with everyone. He has done his best to treat others with kindness and respect, and he has stuck by my mother, who suffered a severe stroke. He has kept all of our family's spirits up and has continually strived to do the best with the resources he has. He has always been someone I could look up to and admire.

Carlee-ann from MB, Canada

My hero is Grandpa. He immigrated, built a big company with the sweat of his brow, had nine wonderful kids and still thrives and dreams and loves, and is still young at heart.

Mohd Ghazali from Machang, Kelantan, Malaysia

My hero is Mustapha, just because he was my father....!

Jose Luis Mercado from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico

My hero is my DAD. He's always there when I need him the most. He always helps me when I'm in trouble, or with my homework. HE IS THE GREATEST.

Fay La Frossia Gordon from Irvine, CA, USA

My hero is Dr. Albert Schweitzer. I have a special interest in Albert Schweitzer because he was my Great Grandfather's first cousin. Albert Schweitzer was a great humanitarian. He set up a hospital in Gabon, Africa to serve people who had no previous access to modern health care. Although he was already world-famous as a musician (specializing in organ compositions by Bach) and as a theologian and philosopher ("Reverence for Life," "The Quest for the Historical Jesus" etc.), he devoted the rest of his life to a selfless effort to bring health care to a then-remote part of the world. I wish everyone was familiar with his great work.

Nikki Baker from Tulsa, Oklahoma, U.S.A.

My parents are my heroes because they have put up with me for 11 and a half years! They gave me clothes, food and a roof over my head! My mom always tells me that I am a very good singer and that helps me to sing the best I can sing and not to be shy! My dad always tells me the things that I do wrong in soccer so I can improve on it and be better! I love my parents so much! They are the Best!

Rachel from Nigeria, Africa

I think that my dad is a hero because he got us this computer and made our rural world a little more up-to-date in technology. I am one of eight children and my dad takes care of us alone.

Olivia from California

My hero is my dad. My dad is the most gracious, loving person I've ever met. In a couple of years, I think he could be the smartest man in the world, or at least one of them. He helps me and teaches me right from wrong. He's very funny. He works every day but he spends time with me and my brother and sister every night. He also helps anybody who needs help. Maybe it doesn't seem like it, but he's a hero to me.

Annie Melville from Chicago, IL, USA

My hero is my father. Where do I start? He is the most giving and caring person, and he was generous yet modest about his generosity. He worked hard his whole life to support seven children and never expected anything in return. He died a painful and wrongful death, yet fought the whole way for his family. I try everyday to achieve the selflessness he stood for. He would be proud of the family he left behind. He is the glue that keeps us together. He was and still is truly a hero.

Julian Sheldahl from Polk City, Iowa, United States of America

My hero is my dad because he is smart.

Michael Epstein from Bronxville, NY

My dad is my hero because he saves me from my mom's boring plans.

Anne Maria Webster (Annie) from Mathias, WV, USA

My hero is my dad (who died Dec 9, 1994) because I believed that he could do anything that he set his mind to.

Carna Metheney from Flatwoods, West Virginia, United States

My Dad is my hero because he has always been there for me, and he has worked hard so that I would never have to go without anything.

Angela Greene from Sutton, West Virginia, United States

My hero is: My Dad. My Dad is my hero because he is a very special person to me. He has done so many things in his life, not just for me, but for other people. I hope I can accomplish as much.

Christy Butler from Sutton, West Virginia, United States

My hero is Bayward Butler. He is my hero because he is very special to me. He is my grandfather and he has taught me many things. He is also a very important part of my life.

BILL from Miami, FL, USA

My hero is my father, William E. Meyers. He had many accomplishments in real estate, and his foresight had great value. He was a wonderful father and a truly self-made success. He came from a rural farm area in Wisconsin where he educated himself, worked during the days at the lumber company, and attended night school. He then saw the future in the growth of the city and moved to Chicago, where he worked for a real estate company in sales. Eventually, he opened his own company. He has been an inspiration to all of his family.

KATHY from CUPERTINO, CA, USA

My hero is my family. They are my heroes because they look after me and help me climb the rocks in Yosemite National Park. I almost fell!

Stacey Christensen from Minden, Nebraska, North America

My hero is My Dad. He is always there for me. I love him a lot.

Amanda Moerike from Pitt Meadows, B.C. Canada.

My dad is my HERO because I love him and he loves me.

Jonathan Onley from Toronto, Ontario Canada

My hero is: My Dad. My dad has polio and he has to wear braces on his legs. He works at a TV station and is the Education Specialist. That's why he is my hero.

Sally Latham Tipton from Little Rock, Arkansas, U.S.

My hero is George Washington Latham (father). My dad saved a girl from a burning car when others were standing around thinking they couldn't help. For that, he won a Carnegie medal for heroism. He's generous, always ready to help when needed, unlike some other parents I've heard about.

Jason Cherry from Modesto, California, United States

My heroes are Mom, Dad and my sister because they take care of me very well, and they are the best family in the whole wide world and I would like to thank them very much. I love you guys very much!

David Alberg from Modesto, CA, US

My heroes are Mom and Dad because they take care of me.

Mike McKenzie from Sunnyvale, California, America

My hero is Robert T. McKenzie, my Grandfather who invented the cathode-ray tube. These tubes were used in the first television sets and T.V. cameras. He is one of the unsung heroes of the modern age.

JEFF from CHADDS FORD, PA, USA

My Dad is my hero because I admire everything he does. I spend my weekends with him. He's my best friend.

Melissa D. from Canyon Country, CA

My hero is my Dad. He is always helping and caring about me. He is very nice and he makes a great soccer coach. I love him a lot. He is a #1 dad.

David Spett from Westfield, New Jersey, USA

My parents are my heroes because without them, I wouldn't be able to take care of myself, and I wouldn't have someone to love and trust, and I wouldn't have someone to help me through my problems.

Dad

My Dad is my hero: essays sent to us by our visitors who wanted to share their special heroes

Fathers come from all walks of life.

Grandpa Stern

Father Heroes from all over the world

Grandfathers are heroes too.

Mentors can have a powerful influence on people of any age.

A father figure figure can be a friend or teacher or even the neighborhood grocer.