Animation

I am a #youngworker

Directed by: Saba Waheed | Animation | 2016 | USA | 4:20

Many people think that young workers are working just for extra money for clothes, phones, or going out. But in reality, they work to support their families, make less than previous generations, and experience a higher unemployment rate than other workers. Young workers are the future of the country’s workforce– what happens to them has huge implications for how work is changing today.

I am a #YOUNGWORKER is a part of a broader multimedia research project that combines data, stories, and images by and for young people. It gets to the core of what young workers face today– their struggles, their dreams, and their hopes for the future. The project also includes a young worker photo gallery exhibited at the​ UCLA​ Labor Center. You can read the report and see photo exhibit​ at : www.youngworkersrising.org.

<
>

6:54
The Office of Missing Children
More than 2,600 kids were separated from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border under President Donald. What happened to those children?
Margo
A young man stuck in a mundane job daydreams of a woman named Margo.
4:06
In a Heartbeat
A closeted boy runs the risk of being outed by his own heart after it pops out of his chest to chase down the boy of his dreams.
1:02
The Allegory of the Spoons
2:02
My Brother
4:16
Amai's Paintings of Peace
Amai's Paintings of Peace is a tribute to the children of the Army Public School who were martyred by terrorists.
A Knock on My Door
Escaping a life of sadness and adversity, a young Korean boy moves to America and learns that even though life is full of hard knocks, the time does come when it's safe to answer the door.
Always a Family
On September 11th, 2001, Michael Trinidad called Monique Ferrer from the 103rd floor of the World Trade Center's North Tower to say one last goodbye.
2.15
Mę (Mother)
The project speaks of the subject of motherhood.
A Battle for Peace
A soldier goes to the front during World War I, whose horrors make him realise that the enemy is actually war itself. The testimony of this soldier stands as a methaphor for the terrible cruelty of war and the desire for peace.
4:20
The Chameleon's True Colors
A colorful chameleon learns to be himself in a fun song that celebrates diversity, individuality and friendship.
1:39
Help Protect Antarcticas Great Southern Ocean
Help protect Antarctica's great Southern Ocean.
6:55
Losing Nemo
Most people are aware that the oceans aren't doing so well, but what is going on exactly?
3
Mr. Blue Sky
An imaginative interpretation of the ELO song Mr. Blue Sky.
AMAI The Bird of Light
Amai wants children to know their world, love and respect it and work for making it a humane one.
6
Thembi's Diary
A wonderful evocation of a young African's refusal to let AIDS define her life.
Animaminded
A father learns to appreciate how big his son's imagination is.
2
Hummingbird [excerpt from dirt! THE MOVIE]
Wangari Maathai shares a simple story to illustrate a powerful point.
4 min 32 sec
Mig Said Series: Lets be Friends
Sometimes we all find friends in unlikely places.