Press_Release

MY HERO to Host Virtual Coronavirus Art Contest Awards Ceremony

by MY HERO Media from LAGUNA BEACH, CA

148004Coronavirus Student Art Contest FinalistsMY HERO 2022

CONTACT: LAURA NIETZER                                                                                              FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE    
Educational Director
The MY HERO Project
[email protected]

MY HERO CORONAVIRUS ART CONTEST AWARDS CEREMONY SET FOR MAY 14

LAGUNA BEACH, CA - 05/05/22 - Students from Singapore, the United States, Bulgaria, Latvia, Nepal, India, and Malaysia are finalists in the MY HERO Coronavirus Art Contest. The contest began, in 2020, as an outlet that offers young people a place to express their feelings during the Covid-19 pandemic. Young artists share works that honor the tireless heroes working to support the community during the global health crisis. 

MY HERO is hosting a virtual event to celebrate the finalists of this year's contest and to announce the winners in each category. The event will take place at 2:00 pm (UTC/GMT) on May 14, 2022.

View the works of all 26 finalists online.

The Coronavirus Art Contest is a partnership between The MY HERO Project and The Storytelling Association of California (SAC). 

About MY HERO

The MY HERO Project is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, dedicated to sharing stories, music, art and short films about heroes from around the world. The MY HERO mission is to empower people of all ages to realize their own potential to create positive change in the world using media, art and technology to celebrate the best of humanity. 

Through the MY HERO  websitesalonsfestivals and media arts workshops, we mentor teachers, youth and adults to use media to discover, create and share stories, audio and art that raise awareness of amazing local and global heroes working to solve the great challenges of our time. Teachers in 197 countries use MY HERO’s free, educational resources in classrooms and after school programs.

About SAC

SAC is a non-profit organization designed to promote storytelling as a living art form. Through small groups, SAC members share information about storytelling and its history and foster opportunities through networking and education.

To join the May 14 Virtual Awards’ Ceremony, email Educational Director Laura Nietzer at [email protected]

For more information about the contest or celebration on May 14th, visit the MY HERO website or contact Laura at [email protected].