LESSON RESOURCES

Resources for Character Education

Curated Resources for College Students

Courage Resources for College Students

By: Laura Nietzer

The quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger and do something even when there is a risk is at the core of the character trait of courage.

Compassion Resources for College Students

By: Laura Nietzer

Caring, giving, and reaching across divides to make life better for someone else is at the core of the character trait of compassion.

Kindness Resources for College Students

By: Laura Nietzer

The quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate is at the core of the character trait of kindness.

Forgiveness Resources for College Students

By: Laura Nietzer
The power to forgive is the power to change the world. These heroes reveal this truth through their actions.

Perseverance Resources for College Students

By: Laura Nietzer

These short films and stories represent heroes who stick with their goals against all odds to accomplish their dreams.

Social Justice Resources for College Students

By: Laura Nietzer
Embodying fair and just relations between the individual and society

Films and a Story Demonstrating Responsible Choices

Citizenship

Produced by:Anson Schloat and John G. Young

A film about John Lewis on citizenship and character: "To be a good citizen is to obey the rules...the laws. Unless those laws conflict with your conscience.

Words Have Power

Produced by:Lynne Cherry

10-year-old Jaysa rallies the community with speeches about how the power plant causes asthma. When they succeed in shutting down the plant, Jaysa concludes that “words have power.”

A Mile in Our Shoes

Produced by:Daniel Walker - UK

Young people relate what it is like to have to care for others with illnesses and disabilities. They are called young carers, and each have to take on great responsibilities.

Mutual Rescue: Eric & Peety

Produced by:Advocate Creative

Eric weighed 340 pounds and was diagnosed with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and Type II Diabetes. His doctor told him he had 5 years to live. Then he met Peety.

Kids Helping Kids is run by kids - and for kids

By: Cathryn J. Prince <br> Contributor of The Christian Science Monitor<br> <h5>...

Kids Helping Kids, the Connecticut-based nonprofit youth group of middle schoolers and teens, plans and carries out projects that make a positive difference in their community and beyond.

Language Arts

Poetry Lesson Plan and Multimedia Resources
Poetic Cinema 45 - 60 Minute Lesson Plan
3 Poets 30 Minutes Lesson Plan
Civics Resources

Organizer created on 8/19/2020 4:07:58 PM by Laura Nietzer

Last edited 1/11/2023 12:13:03 PM by Laura Nietzer