Ocean

Rise From the Cape Flats

Directed by: Shamier Magmoet | Documentary | 2021 | South Africa | 9:45

The film is about a man who lives in the heart of the notorious Cape Flats, one of the most dangerous places in the world. After one life changing encounter upon experiencing the ocean, he now does everything in his power to advocate for positive change within his community through education and affording the youth to experience the ocean, becoming advocates and protectors of therof.

For More Information

Sea the Bigger Picture
Sylvia Earle Ocean Conservation Award
<
>

2:24
Mission Blue | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix
Official trailer for Mission Blue, a Netflix original documentary. Mission Blue tells the story of world-renowned oceanographer Sylvia Earle as she travels the globe on an urgent mission to shed light on the dire condition of Earth's oceans.
5:38
An Ocean of Tea
Boujmaa Guilloul, a Moroccan pro windsurfer, talk about his connection with the sea in the country of Essaouira located in Morocco.
9:45
Rise From the Cape Flats
Shamier Magmoet overcomes difficulty and learns to educate youth to experience the ocean, becoming advocates and protectors of therof.
1:50
Isang Mylion (one milion)
"ISANG MILYON" means one million in Filipino.
Our Atoll Speaks (Ko Talatala Mai Tō Mātou Wenua) - Trailer
Our Atoll Speaks (Ko Talatala Mai Tō Mātou Wenua) is a communal film poem about the vast environmental knowledge of Pukapuka/Nassau, an atoll in the Northern Group of the Cook Islands.
MABON ‘The 8 year old activist’
Our world has a serious ocean plastics problem. There are now a higher number of plastics in the ocean than the number of fish.
4:52
The Sentinel
A call to save the Antipodean Albatross.
4:14
The Beauty
What if plastic could be integrated into sea life?
7:47
Protect What You Love | Protect Your Island
PangeaSeed Foundation, in collaboration with TROPICA Bali Street Art Festival, hosted the first large-scale Sea Walls: Artists for Oceans project in Southeast Asia: Sea Walls Bali.
4:16
freeFLY
A collaboration between Oceans Unmanned and DJI utilizing drones to help entangled humpback whales.
6:31
Looking After Our Environment: James Price Point
Mark Jones speaks out against a gas development complex that spells doomsday for some species living around James Price Point.
1:41
Waterheart and Her Friends
A cut-out animation short about a mythical character, Waterheart, and the friends that help her to clean up her polluted home: Earth.
0:59
Water Is Sacred
2020 MHIFF Ocean Conservation Award student winner: When we pray with water, it helps our bodies and the earth, and we say Wopila Tanka (Immeasurable Thanks) for its medicine.
5:01
Coral Reefs - Life Below The Surface
Join us on a journey through the Coral Triangle and its magnificent coral reefs. PASSWORD: fourkings
360 Coral Reefs - Live below the surface
Join us on a journey through the Coral Triangle and its magnificent coral reefs. These underwater gardens have the largest biodiversity of life on Earth and can only be compared to tropical rainforests.
Fragile - Why Turtle Hatchlings need the Sea
The life cycle of a marine turtle is complex. Nowadays, they are facing challenging changes to their habitats and encounter all kinds new dangers imposed upon them by modern humans. All sea turtle species are threatened with extinction. To help save sea turtles, marine conservation facilities around the world hatch sea turtle eggs and keep the hatchlings in tanks until they have grown stronger and more fit for a survival in the wild.
5:39
Defending The Deep
A tireless defender of the oceans and marine life, Claire Nouvian was the 2018 European recipient of the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize.
6:06
Blue Ventures
In 2004, realizing that conversation had to go beyond counting species, marine biologist Alasdair Harris encouraged a coastal Madagascar community to close off a small section of their octopus-fishing area for a few months, to see if this would boost productivity.
7:08
Protecting Blue Whales and Blue Skies
A collaboration of government agencies, non-profits, and private industry come together to solve the problem of commercial ships causing increased air pollution and whale strikes in the Santa Barbara Channel.
2:50
Changing Oceans
This short inspirational film produced by Nomads Expeditions, depicts the overwhelming beauty and diversity that can be found in the ocean and asks the viewer to contemplate it's loss.