College

Saving Sight

Directed by: Nicholas Belgrad | Documentary | 2017 | USA/Vietnam | 7:32

Almost 300 million people are visually impaired. Saving Sight captures the altruistic work of ophthalmologist Dr. Anthony Aldave in Vietnam. The film chronicles Dr. Aldave’s journey to two hospitals where he performs and teaches cornea transplant surgery, restoring sight to impoverished people.

<
>

5:32
Girls Education in Ghana
Despite the global call for Universal Basic Education, millions of girls do not have the opportunity to attend school. The documentary is a reminder that we must continue to explore why girls have lower educational attainment globally.
7:53
The Toothmans
Deb and Jim Toothman and their transgender daughter Cooper Toothman, talk about their struggles with acceptance both within their family and in the community.
8:53
Suryabata Pani
This is the story of Indra Sapkota, an underserved farmer in Nepal struggling to find sustainable and reliable water sources to irrigate his land.
2:40
BLOOM
Olivia, a six year old girl, has a strange anomaly of growing flowers out of her green hair.
13:20
Hideaway
Short film by Cal Croft about childhood friendships that shines light on the issue of domestic violence.
3:49
Nico Castro: The Next American B-boy
A Breaking dance profile on the rising star Nico Castro.After his mother, brother, and grandfather all passed away, Nico could not have felt more lost. With no other choice, he quickly took charge of his own life. From his tragedies he creates art, and Nico Castro now dances down his own path to becoming the next American B-boy champion.
10:12
Threads
In these days of mass consumerism, it can seem like preservation of history and culture is something that belongs to the past. Threads of Peru is an NGO based in Cusco that branches out to several expert weaving communities in order to guide them to how they can sustain their ancient practice in the modern world.
7:05
Hero Complex
Marlow is the new kid in school and finds it hard to be recognized, especially with popular bullies around! As we all know, the only one way to beat a villain is to become a superhero!
3:45
Mumpsimus and Halcyon Discord
If you are a young person experiencing mental ill health and homelessness, life is far from a walk in the park.
11:17
We Will Overcome
A woman from a small city in Nicaragua attends a night school to get the high school degree that she wasn't able to complete as a child. She sets her sights on University education with the hope of a better life for her family. PASSWORD: festivalia
9:23
Threads of Hope
Millions of hard working home-based workers in Nepal - the majority of them women - are the driving force of the local business.
6:45
Unik (Unique)
Sjaki-Tari-Us is a school in Bali, Indonesia that supports mentally disabled children and adults.
A PLANET DIVIDED
7:32
Saving Sight
Almost 300 million people are visually impaired. Saving Sight captures the altruistic work of ophthalmologist Dr. Anthony Aldave in Vietnam.
The Man Behind The Mask
A charitable individual Pedro Machado travels the UK and globe on his American Chopper named ‘Captain America’ entertaining children at different events but also visiting poorly children around various hospitals.
Yellow
A barber from Quebec giving haircuts to itinerants every Tuesday on her day off brings us to meet multiple homeless people, all with different and original personalities.
10:19
Then I Came By Boat
In the early 1980s, Australia welcomed refugee Tri Nguyen after a dramatic escape from Vietnam. Today, we would lock him up.
Dad
A Mexican widower and son's relationship is put to the test when the son discovers his dad's most intimately kept secret.
G.I. José
WARNING - This film is recommended for mature audiences - it contains strong language and violence -viewer discretion advised. A Mexican-American U.S. Army soldier comes back home and has a dilemma.
10:30
An Education
A look at what it is like to be a person of color at a primarily white institution in the south.