Environmental

Series of Solutions: Mentors & the Intern

Kristen Weiss & Mark Maccora | Stanford Ocean Solutions | 2017 | USA | 4:44

This first episode of our 4-part Series of Solutions highlights the valuable role that nature provides in protecting coastal communities, and follows the story of intern Monica Moritsch as she discovers how her ecology background can directly inform coastal policy.

<
>

The Kelp Lady 2018
Her work inspired the nickname The Kelp Lady. But her conservation goals extend to many more inhabitants of the sea. Nancy Caruso is a hero who tirelessly worked to regrow the kelp forest in Orange County. As the founder of Get Inspired! Inc., she brings the community together with her dedication to the florae and faunae of the sea. She and her band of volunteers regrew the kelp, also known as the rainforest of the sea--because of how many species rely on them for survival, including us! Nancy's current endeavor is the Green Abalone Restoration Project to restore the dwindling species.
The man who rode his horse across the harbour bridge
Yacouba - The Village Fool (the man who stopped the desert)
Laguna ECO Heroes - Opening segment
Featuring amazing environmental heroes of Laguna Beach!
Laguna Beach ECO Heroes - Trailer
Celebrating amazing environmental heroes of Laguna Beach!
Slater Meets her Hero: Jean-Michel Cousteau
Slater visits Catalina Island to learn from her environmental hero Jean-Michel Cousteau.
Sacred
In light of the recent natural disasters and climate changes, now more than ever must we praise Mother Earth on a deeper level.
10:00
Out of the Blue
A child in Mexico inherits an unexpected future after his family of fishermen, facing ever shrinking catches, make a bold decision to change their fate.
4:15
Troubled Water Pitch
The 30-minute documentary "Troubled Water" tells the story of one farmer and his community's fight for clean water in El Salvador against the environmental crisis caused by a mining corporation.
Between Us
Israelis and Palestinians meet over their shared grief and discover that the only way to move forward together is through dialogue.
4:44
4:52
On Her Watch
Amidst an onslaught of coal development, octogenarian Wendy Bowman stopped a powerful multinational mining company from taking her family farm and protected her community from further pollution and environmental destruction.
A Volatile Habitat
Putting his life on the line, Rodrique Katembo, a brave park ranger went undercover to document and release information about bribery and corruption in the quest to drill for oil in Virunga National Park (Democratic Republic of Congo), resulting in public outrage that forced the company to withdraw from the project.
The Community They Fight For
Latino community activist Mark Lopez pushed government officials to provide comprehensive lead testing and cleanup of East Los Angeles homes contaminated by a battery smelter that had been operating for over three decades.
Gaining Ground
An indigenous leader in Guatemala, Rodrigo Tot led his community to a landmark court decision that ordered the government to issue land titles to the Q’eqchi people and kept environmentally destructive nickel mining from expanding into his community.
8:46
Cycle of Change
Moved by the lack of opportunity for women and youth in her community in El Salvador, Reina Molino ventures to Guatemala to study bici-maquinas—bicycle pedal-power technology.
11:09
Justdiggit's documentary Rainmakers
This short Justdiggit documentary shows the benefits of a landscape restoration project in progress, digging 72.000 bunds to harvest rainwater and restore the degraded land in Kenya.
2:36
My Beautiful Nicaragua
12-year-old Edelsin Linette Mendez illuminates the consequences of climate change on the coffee market, her community's traditional source of livelihood and Nicaragua's primary agricultural product.
4:51
The Lady and Her Secrets
A film showcasing the beauty and wonder of the marine life in the sea surrounding Lady Elliot Island.
2:06
The hydrologic corridor
An explanation of our system approach: the hydrologic corridor.