High School

The Petition

Riley Goodwin, Kibiriti Majuto | Light House Studio | Documentary | 2017 | USA

Password: lighthouse

The proposed removal of the Robert E. Lee statue at Lee Park in Charlottesville Virginia has been a contentious issue among the residents of the town. Two Light House students sought to examine the issues at hand through documentary filmmaking.

<
>

4:06
Āmrikā
An Iranian-American teenager travels to a small village in Iran to interview people about their opinions of America. She examines what they have to say and contrasts that with some of the stereotypes that characterize the Middle East.
5:37
Kim Phuc - excerpt from The Sunrise Storyteller
Young filmmaker Kasha Slavner interviews Unesco Goodwill Ambassador Phan Thi Kim Phuc, who survived a napalm bomb when she was a 9-year-old during the Vietnam War.
4:26
The Hustle: Life of Subway Performers
Busking: playing music or other forms of performing for voluntary donations in the street or in subways; better known as "The Hustle"
7:21
The Fabric of America
Under our broken immigration system, thousands of people are living in fear every day, and peaceful members of society are being targeted as criminals. This film explores the many sides and issues underlying this complex and controversial topic, and shows how these issues manifest locally, in Montgomery County, Maryland.
The Fabric of America
4:30
News Travels Fast
A short Documentary about how technology and social media help communities in times of hardships, and keeping communities up to date with current events.
4:31
Find a Way
"Find a way" music produced by the BAYCAT Fall 2017 music performance class. Video produced by the BAYCAT Fall 2017 youth filmmaking class.
2:39
Beginning of Community
A short animation on the importance of community beginning with family.
3:32
RePainting the Mission
A short documentary on the issue of displacement in the actively changing Mission District in San Francisco, CA. Produced by the Fall 2017 Youth Filmmaking program.
5:30
Intersectionality
A short documentary discovering what it means to identify with multiple communities. Produced by the Fall 2017 Youth Filmmaking program.
Morgan Freeman
2:49
Track & Field: Mind, Body, & Soul
Taft High School's track & field athletes explain how their participation and their coach bring out the best in each participant on and off the track.
For Your Eyes Only
The impact of one person in your life.
Below the Surface
Inside the minds of the people of the sea. Stories of how the ocean shapes character, friends, and moments.
At Last I Know What Love Is
Soundiata Keita
Chosen
A Hero In the Realm of Diversity
Anne Frank's Story
Mark Twain Doc