Professional

Troubled Water Pitch

Will Parrinello | Mill Valley Film Group | Documentary | 2017 | El Salvador/USA | 4:15

The 30-minute documentary "Troubled Water" tells the story of one farmer and his community's fight for clean water in El Salvador against the environmental crisis caused by a mining corporation.

For More Information

Indiegogo Fundraising Campaign
Mill Valley Film Group
<
>

Alyse Nelson of Vital Voices Accepts 2017 Women Transforming Media Award at MY HERO International Film Festival
Complete speech. Alyse Nelson of Vital Voices Accepts 2017 Women Transforming Media Award at MY HERO International Film Festival.
Eva Haller: A Work in Progress (Festival)
Eva Haller: A Work in Progress March Edit
Eva Haller: A Work in Progress Trailer
Walking While Black
As minority communities face the daily stranglehold of racial profiling, and police officers face relentless scrutiny by an anxious public, tensions mount as lines are being drawn in the sand. This conflict can only be broken by finding common ground with each other. L.O.V.E. Is The Answer.
Women Transforming Media: Alyse Nelson
“Power expands the moment it’s shared. And women often want to do that. When they ‘re invested in, they want to give back, they want to pay it forward. And that’s what we do at Vital Voices. We simply search the world for these leaders with a vision for extraordinary change. And we invest in them to take that vision to scale.”
Judith Haron - Wildlife Illumination Artist
Judith Haron an artist with both talent and a purpose.
4:44
Bashir's Dream
Bashir's Dream centers around Qusai Bashir Masaama, a 14-year-old Syrian refugee in Jordan who was shot in the back by a sniper while on a candy run.
2:41
The PEACE Project: Restorative Justice
Victim Offender Mediation is a restorative justice practice that emphasizes offender accountability, providing victims a voice in being a part of the solution of juvenile crime, and an opportunity to repair the harm caused to the victim.
4:16
Take Every Wave: Laird in VR
Laird Hamilton's life is unlike many others in that his pursuit of excellent physical condition and forward-thinking wave-riding is still thriving at the age of 53. Enter what's regarded as the longest wave in the world: Chicama, Peru.
2:30
ROOTED in PEACE - Trailer
ROOTED in PEACE challenges viewers to examine their values as Americans and human beings.
4:19
Noisia - Mantra
Mantra chronicles the dangerous obstacles refugees face on their journeys to reach safer harbors.
9:43
Le Quinze Mai a Paris
password: gomezz23 Barbara De Fina (Martin Scorsese's producer of 40 years) presents shots of Paris on May 15, 2016 with a Parisian narrator telling us the story of May 15, 1848, when protesters finally pushed the establishment to let them have a popular vote to elect their ruler.
Women Transforming Media: Jen Senko
Jennifer Morrison, Actor, Producer, Director
Women Transforming Media talks to actor/producer/director Jennifer Morrison about winning the 2016 Hollyshort Trailblazer award, shorts versus features, her short "Wild Wild Horses" and how films are her friends.
Jane Fleming, President Emeritus Women in Film
Jane Fleming, Women In Film President Emeritus, talks about WIF's Systemic Change Project.
Women Transforming Media: Cari Beauchamp
Cari Beauchamp is an award-winning author, film historian and documentary filmmaker. In her book about the nearly-lost history of the powerful women writers of early Hollywood, Without Lying Down, she resurrects the figure of Frances Marion, who reigned as the highest paid screenwriter or two decades. With the book nearing its 20th anniversary, we talk to Cari about how she rescued Frances Marion "from the footnotes of history."
9:06
Women Transforming Media: Jen Senko
In her second documentary feature, Jen Senko analyzes the rise of right wing media through her relationship with her father, who became "unreachable" after he started to listen to right-wing radio and watch Fox News avidly. Jen shares her experiences making of the film through Kickstarter, where her project got the attention of Emmy Award-nominated actor Matthew Modine, who ended up narrating the film and co-producing it with his production company, Cinco Dedos Peliculas. Jen talks about getting interview subjects to help explain what happened to her father, and how we got to today's pisive media landscape.
Women Transforming Media: Kim Adelman
Women Transforming Media talks to the queen of short filmmaking, Kim Adelman about the newest edition of her book, Making It Big in Shorts. Kim tells us about programming the American Cinematheque's Focus on Female Directors Showcase for over a decade, the Female Filmmaking Collective, and why you should make a short film.
Harry Dean Stanton Award @ Ace Hotel