TEACHERS ROOM
Learning Circles

Welcome to the MY HERO Global Learning Circles!

CLICK THE ABOVE LINK to find out what teachers and students are saying about participating in the MY HERO Global Learning Circles!

MY HERO Global Learning Circles ARE HERE! October 8, 2018
HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING
PLEASE see weekly updates below to keep up with weekly tasks and feel free to email me, the Facilitator with any questions and how you too can participate: [email protected]
  Read more...
We currently have Elementary, Middle School, High School and Call to Action circles with countries participating from:Canada, Israel, Moldova, Nepal, Qatar, Russia, Ukraine, USA, Georgia, USA, India, Uganda, Canada and Moldova
Still a few days left to sign up and join our global community for a lively four month online experiential learning experience. 
Bring your class into the world and the world into your classroom.

email me directly [email protected] with any questions.

COMING SOON: a new session of MY HERO Global Learning Circles!
REGISTER HERE for the next session of circles: September 30,  2018 - January 15, 2019 
There are four circles to choose from:
Elementary, Middle, High School and our special all ages CALL TO ACTION circle.
August 14, 2018
Registration begins for the September 2018 to January 2019 session of Learning Circles
Look for registration information on this site and also on the iEARN NewsFlash and at http://www.globallearningcircles.org/

September 15, 2018
Registration ends for the next session of Learning Circles.

September 30, 2018
The new session of Learning Circles will begin with new groupings.

We have a brand NEW WEBSITE with some exciting new changes and features to make your lives as teachers EASIER!

My name is WENDY JEWELL and I Facilitate the circles. You can click through the LEARNING CIRCLES SLIDE DECK above to get more info and hear from global teachers about their experiences participating in the MY HERO Global Learning Circles. And also click RELEVANT LINKS at bottom of page, to see finished projects. You can also click the TIMELINE/checklist to right of page, to get a feel for the journey.

Feel free to email me with any questions: [email protected]

See you soon.
Wendy Jewell
Facilitator
MY HERO Global Learning Circles

Weekly Update

NOVEMBER 5 - THE NEXT 6 WEEKS! MY HERO LEARNING CIRCLES

END GOAL to have your completed stories, art, short film or audio about YOUR HEROES to share with your CIRCLE partners.

Read more...

Most Learning Circles have been moving forward slowly.  By this point, you should have posted your Class Survey and completed your teacher registration at MY HERO, as well as created your CLASS CODE to give your Students for when THEY REGISTER AS A STUDENT at MY HERO, as well as a few fun things to share with your class.  (I HAVE ADDED STEPS AT END OF EMAIL) Your group needs you to do this so the students in each group can begin to research, and prepare to choose and create their stories, art, short films or audio about their HEROES.

Thank you to all teachers and classes who have REGISTERED and posted your CLASS SURVEYs.
Please remember that the goal of Learning Circles is for schools to engage in collaborative online project work.  Talking to each other and discussing your goals, objectives, and reasons for participating in the MY HERO Learning Circles is the best way to make this happen.  Some members are doing this and it is proving to be very successful.

The most important thing is to share keep in touch with your group members.
Four notes:
1.  If you are going to be away for a week or two, please let your facilitator know that you will not be posting messages.  Communication is the key to a successful Learning Circle.  It is a really good idea to check in at least once a week to give your group facilitator and group members a status update on your progress.  This is also a good time to ask questions and to share what your students are doing at school.  Everyone appreciates these updates and loves to see what is going on at other schools around the world.

2.  If you would like to have your students participate in the MY HERO Learning Circle Student Forums please complete the following steps. 
First, register your students in the Member Dashboard of the iEARN Collaboration Centre, next send Barry Kramer  an email along with the following information to: [email protected]

Your Full Name:
Your Email Address:
Your Learning Circle Name: MY HERO Learning Circles (Elementary/Middle OR Call to Action)
Age Level of Your Students (High, Middle, or Elementary):

Shortly after Barry gets your email, he will add you and your students to the forum. He will notify you when this has occurred.  After this, the forums are open to both you and your students.

3.  Please remember that each teacher who signs up his/her students for the Student Forums is responsible for monitoring the content of the messages and discussions.  You can receive copies of all student messages that are posted by going to your “Notification Settings” on your Member Dashboard and clicking on a method for receiving notifications.

4.  This is the last call for Class Surveys.  And you and your students must register at MY HERO…Please try to catch up as quickly as possible.

Please post your Class Surveys and Register and keep your Circle moving forward,

Really looking forward to learning about the amazing heroes from each of your countries!!!

Cheers

Wendy Jewell

Facilitator

www.myhero.com/learningcircles

[email protected]

www.myhero.com

and Barry
Barry S. Kramer, Ph.D.
iEARN Global Learning Circles Coordinator
www.globallearningcircles.org
[email protected]
[email protected]
Twitter: iEARNglobalLC

ONE MORE TIME WITH THE BELOW INFORMATION!

Thank you to all teachers who have completed the opening tasks RE REGISTRATION, CLASS CODES, etc (I have included it at end of this email for those who STILL NEED TO COMPLETE THESE TASKS.

NOTE: There are two websiteshttp://www.myhero.com/  and www.iearn.org

The iEARN website provides you with safe protected online TEACHER and STUDENT Forums.

The MY HERO website provides you with digital tools to publish online your student’s inspiring hero stories, art, films and music to share with our global learning community.

END GOAL: To share your student’s original multi-media about the heroes in their lives, with your Circle partners as well as MY HERO’s growing global learning community.

Register for a MY HERO educator account to access tools to easily organize your students finished work into one online directory. Here are examples of other class “Organizers”  Please note your students will also need to register and be provided with a class code to easily manage their content on MY HERO.

THIS WEEK Click on this link EDUCATOR QUICK START GUIDE and complete steps 1, 2 and 3 BEFORE your session starts September 30. (BEFORE students register, please make sure to provide them with your Classroom Class Code. Minor students will not have access to an email address so it’s important you give them your CLASS CODE for when they register,  so you can monitor their work and know their publish date/links to work.)

INTRODUCE the MY HERO Project to your students:

1. Show them the introductor2 minute video about MY HERO
  2. Ask them to explore the site www.myhero.com
  3. Start a discussion about who inspires your students, who is a hero, what makes a hero, by reading “How to Choose Your Hero”.

FUN ACTIVITY: Create bulletin board with world map, showing global partners. Add pictures of partner classes, class surveys, etc. during this 4-month session.

OCTOBER 23 - TIME TO COMPLETE YOUR MY HERO CLASS SURVEY

Hello everyone

You can respond in your forums (click your forum top right of this page) by word document or be as creative as you want to be... podcast, video, ppp... etc.

Thanks for completing weekly tasks

Cheers

Wendy Jewell - facilitator

The MY HERO Classroom Survey

Circle Name: Elementary/Middle ____ CallToAction(all ages)___

Class Name:

PART I. INTRODUCING THE CLASS

A. Name of teacher:

B. Grade level:

C. Class favorites (List your class top 5 favorites in each category):

1. Music groups –

2. Authors-

3. TV programs-

4. Foods-

5. School subjects-

6. Sports-

7. Video or computer games-

8. Favorite Websites-

9. Other Class Favorites of your choice

PART II. INTRODUCING THE SCHOOL

A. School information

Name of School

2. Number of students in class and school

3. Size of school

4. School emblem, colors or mascot

5. School history

B. School program

1. List 3 things about your school program that make it unique.

PART III. INTRODUCING THE COMMUNITY

A. Your community

1. Name of your community-

2. If not a city, name and size of nearest city

3. Location of your community

4. The area of your community

5. The population of your community

B. Special characteristics

1. List 3 reasons why people come to visit your area.

2. Describe any unusual land formation found in or near your community.

C. Industries

List major industries or occupations in your community.

PART IV. WHO IS A HERO?

Please have the students open a discussion about who inspires them…what is a hero? Who is a hero? How should one choose a hero? What are the traits of a hero? Can anyone be a hero? Etc. They can interact with each other in their specified Student Forums in the secure, iearn site.

PART V. OTHER INFORMATION

Please feel free to share any other information about yourself that you think would help us to know you better and feel free to be creative… some teachers use Power points or short videos or whatever you like… the main thing is to SHARE.

www.myhero.com/learningcircles

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/MyHeroProject

Twitter @myhero

OCTOBER 16, 2018 MY HERO Global Learning Circles NEWS 3

NOW IT IS TIME TO DISCUSS AND CHOOSE YOUR HEROES! Next two weeks are for this, as well as completing all tasks to date.

Thank you to all teachers who have sent HELLO messages and completed MY HERO Tasks set out in opening letter.

So excited to have classes from USA, India, Moldova, Georgia, Uganda, Qatar, Russia, Israel, Canada and Ukraine all working together.

Please see CIRCLE NEWS 2 below and make sure you have completed all tasks and if you have questions please post in your forum (they can be accessed top right at www.myhero.com/learningcircles

We are here to help.

Contact me at [email protected]

Have a great week.

Wendy Jewell – Facilitator

www.myhero.com/learningcircles

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/MyHeroProject

Twitter @myhero

OCTOBER 8, 2018 MY HERO Global Learning Circles NEWS 2 (from TIMELINE/CHECKLIST)

MY HERO Global Learning Circle News 2: Opening the Circles

LEARNING CIRCLE NEWS 2 . www.myhero.com/learningcircles

Facilitator: Wendy Jewell  [email protected]

AFTER COMPLETING THE TASKS SET OUT IN THE WELCOMING LETTER sent last week, it’s time for Electronic Roll Call:

NOW is the time to send your
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TEACHER    HELLO    MESSAGES

and next week you will need to send your

MY HERO CLASS  SURVEY (Template coming next week)

PLEASE CLICK ON TIMELINE/CHECKLIST top right of www.myhero.com/learningcircles

You can download it and print it to help you keep track of where we are going!

First Teacher Tasks

Completing opening letter tasks from Wendy Jewell Facilitator
Teachers Hello Message
Class Introductions
MY HERO Class Survey

***********************************************

WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR FIRST WEEK!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next Phase, CHOOSING YOUR HEROES, begins in two weeks

CHEERS

Wendy Jewell – Facilitator

www.myhero.com/learningcircles

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/MyHeroProject

Twitter @myhero

Barry S. Kramer, Ph.D.
www.globallearningcircles.org
[email protected]
[email protected]
Twitter: iEARNglobalLC

SEPTEMBER 30, 2018 Welcome to the MY HERO Global Learning Circles. My name is Wendy Jewell, your facilitator. Here’s an overview for our upcoming 4-month journey together. First, let me welcome and thank Ambreen Mehboob from Qatar for being our teacher facilitator! Also, please note that the iEARN forums will be open in 2 days... So please take the next few days to absorb and do the tasks set out below. It's going to be an amazing circles with such a diverse and dedicated group.

Looking forward to working with all of you and your students!

Cheers

Wendy Jewell

Facilitator

MY HERO Learning Circles

www.myhero.com/learningcircles

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/MyHeroProject

Twitter @myhero

JOIN US for the next session of MY HERO Global Learning Circles starting September 30, 2018!

MY HERO Global Learning Circles stimulate dynamic, interactive, online exchanges that bring your classroom into the world with the end goal of sharing your heroes through our multi-media platform.

Register now for next session starting September 30, 2018

CHOOSE FROM 4 MY HERO Learning Circles to explore with your global peers, heroes and heroism in your lives, communities and countries. Elementary, Middle or High School OR CALL TO ACTION.

Work in this safe, virtual online space for teachers and students to discuss and share who inspires them, who are their heroes. Using our state of the art multi-media tools, students share their heroes with the world through stories, art, audio, short films at www.myhero.com Teachers easily create an ORGANIZER page of all their students works… see examples here.

One teacher from Slovenia had this to say after participating in a MY HERO Learning Circle: “The students were happy participating and found it interesting and fun. They learned a lot about other countries and heroes. The students said that a hero is a person who inspires us, a person who leaves a part of themselves with us, a person encouraging us to become a better person ourselves.”

And a teacher from Morocco said: “We are a fifth grade class from Morocco and because of this project we had the opportunity to take positive actions in our community: raising awareness in our village about the importance of a clean environment.”

Email Wendy Jewell/Facilitator at [email protected] with any questions.

JOIN MY HERO LEARNING CIRCLES AT THE iEARN CONFERENCE July 8-14, 2018 ~ Winchester, VA, U.S.A.

MY HERO Global Learning Circle Teachers and LC Director, BARRY KRAMER are offering ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW WORKSHOPS, so check them out:

THURSDAY at the Teacher Summit, ROOM 1104, 11:00 AM - 11:50 AM led by teacher Laura Nietzer:

http://iearn2018.org/sessions/my-hero-2

Session Description The presenter will introduce the My Hero website and discuss how her class has been involved with Learning Circles, connecting her class directly with others around the world. The My Hero website explores the best in humanity through stories, essays, artwork, film and audio recordings. Participants should bring their laptop to this session so they can explore the My Hero website and the presenter will help them register on the website.  

What will educators learn and be able to do at the end of the session?

To share information about the My Hero Activist Media project. Participants will learn how easily this project can fit into the curriculum and will have the opportunity to register as an educator on the website. 

THURSDAY at the YOUTH SUMMIT, ROOM 1329, 3:00 PM - 3:50 PM led by students from School AIA-GESS in Tbilisi, Georgia:

http://iearn2018.org/sessions/my-hero

Session Description:

Participants will be encouraged to choose a hero — that should be positive, inspiring, and enhance/change peoples’ lives for the better, create digital art to raise awareness about issues students care about. 

Identify areas where the hero shows inspiring and positive characteristics that youth would like to emulate (copy) in their own life.

What will youth learn and be able to do at the end of the session?

Students will learn  what is important to them by looking at heroes.

Students will look back on their own lives and show appreciation for a hero from
their past.

Students will give examples of someone they think of as a hero.

Students will express their opinions about their definition of what defines a hero

Students will illustrate one heroic power that would be most beneficial to
them and their world.

THURSDAY at the Teacher Summit, ROOM 1306, 3:30 - 4:50 PM led by LEARNING CIRCLES head BARRY KRAMER:

iEARN Global Learning Circles 2018: Developing Exciting Project Ideas

The next session of Learning Circles will begin on September 30, 2018.  Look for registration information at www.myhero.com/learningcircles and on the iEARN NewsFlash and at http://www.globallearningcircles.org/

If you have any questions or need more information about any of this please contact Wendy Jewell at [email protected] or Barry Kramer at [email protected] or [email protected].

Wendy Jewell - Facilitator - [email protected]

https://vimeo.com/myheroproject

https://www.instagram.com/myheroproject/

https://www.youtube.com/myhero

https://www.facebook.com/MyHeroProject

Twitter @myhero

MY HERO Global Learning Circles JUNE 22 UPDATE and time to say GOODBYE:

MHE, MHM, MHH and CALL TO ACTION circles

A Last Word To All Learning Circle Participants;

It is always sad to close a session of Learning Circles, but bringing the project to a close is an important part of the process. 

At the same time, I am excited about sharing all the final projects and ORGANIZERS in the very near future when some of the stragglers are COMPLETE!

Even though Learning Circles is closing, I will still continue to accept ORGANIZERS and Barry will also continue to post them in the iEARN Finished Projects.  There is no deadline for submitting a project.  You may send it any time it is finished.  We will be happy to feature your project on The MY HERO Project and on the Finished Project Page.

Barry will issue a Certificate of Participation to any teacher who has successfully completed an  ORGANIZER.

Please take the time to look over and share the finished projects from other schools with your students.  Many excellent projects have been created during this session of Learning Circles.
This is the timeline for Learning Circles looking forward.

June 29, 2018
Access to the forums will end

July 8 -14, 2018
iEARN Conference and Youth Summit in Winchester, Virginia, USA

SEVERAL MY HERO LEARNING CIRCLE TEACHERS WILL BE ATTENDING AND PARTICIPATING IN BARRY KRAMERS PROJECT SESSION… be sure to attend. Laura Nietzer, Madeline Gillum and Tamar Lolishvili will be participating.

August 14, 2018

September 15, 2018

September 30, 2018
The new session of Learning Circles will begin with new groupings. We are offering Elementary, Middle and High School as well as CALL TO ACTION all ages circle.

A few final items to remember:

1.  The Web address for the Finished Project page for the January to May 2018 session is:

http://www.globallearningcircles.org/2018session1/index.htm

2. As soon as the pending Organizers are complete I will POST and SHARE an ORGANIZER will ALL from this past session.
3.  Please remember to send a Goodbye Message to your Learning Circles group.

4. Once Barry has posted your project he will activate your online iEARN Participation Certificate.  If you would like an additional iEARN Learning Circles teacher participant certificate, please let him know.  In order to qualify you would need to have: (1) been an active teacher/leader, (2) Submitted your MY HERO ORGANIZER and (3) submitted your Organizer to the final project page at iEARN. Certificates can only be sent as pdf files. Barry will also need the following information:

Your full name:
Name of your group (MHE, MHM, MHH or CALL TO ACTION)
Name of your school:
City, state/region, and country:
Name of your project:

5. The next session of Learning Circles will begin on September 30, 2018.  Look for registration information at www.myhero.com/learningcircles and on the iEARN NewsFlash and at http://www.globallearningcircles.org/

Thank you for a great session of MY HERO Global Learning Circles,
Wendy and Barry

Wendy Jewell - Facilitator - MY HERO Learning Circles

www.myhero.com/learningcircles

[email protected]

https://vimeo.com/myheroproject

https://www.youtube.com/myhero

https://www.facebook.com/MyHeroProject

Twitter @myhero

Barry S. Kramer, Ph.D.
http://www.globallearningcircles.org/
[email protected]
[email protected]
Twitter: iEARNglobalLC

MY HERO Global Learning Circles UPDATE May 29, 2018

TIME TO COMPLETE the MY HERO Project and your ORGANIZERS

MY HERO Global Learning Circles will continue until JUNE 15.  Please use the time to finish up, send your ORGANIZERS, and say your goodbyes.  I am here to help so either post in the forums or email me directly for help.

HERE ARE ALL THE MY HERO TUTORIALS… scroll down to what need:

https://myhero.com/tutorials

Please check the Finished Project Page to see if your ORGANIZER/finished project is there.  Also please check to make sure your information is correct.  If your project is not there please send it to me and to Barry at: [email protected] or [email protected] [email protected]

Also please send us the following identification information:
Your full name:
Name of your group (mhe, mhm, mhh or call to action):
Title of your project: MY HERO PROJECT
Class that worked on the project:
Name of your school:
City, state, and country your school is located:

This is the current timeline for finishing this session of Learning Circles.

May 29 to June 15, 2018
COMPLETE YOUR ORGANIZER GATHERING ALL YOUR STUDENTS WORKS AND SHARE WITH YOUR CIRCLE PARTNERS

Closing the Circle (Goodbye Messages)

JUNE 15, 2018
All current Circles will be closing.

June 22, 2018
All access to the forums will end

September 30, 2018 - The new session of Learning Circles will begin with new groupings.

A few items to remember:
1. Final projects/presentations will be in the form of the MY HERO ORGANIZER. The great thing about digital formats and downloadable pages is that we can make the information easily accessible to everyone.

2. The Web address for the Finished Project page for the January to May 2018 session is:

After you send us your ORGANIERS,  Barry will post it and then send you a message so that you can check your information, document, and links.

3.  Please remember to send a Goodbye Message to your Learning Circles group after you have completed your final project/ORGANIER and have sent it to us.

4. Once Barry has posted your project he will activate your online iEARN Participation Certificate.  If you would like an additional iEARN Learning Circles teacher participant certificate, please let him know.  In order to qualify you would need to have: (1) been an active teacher/leader, (2) Completed and submitted your ORGANIZER to www.myhero.com  and (3) submitted your ORGANIZER to us to post of the final project page. Certificates can only be sent as pdf files. Barry will also need the following information:

Your full name:
Name of your group (MHE< MHM< MHH or CALL TO ACTION
Name of your school:
City, state/region, and country:
Name of your project:

5. The iEARN Conference and Youth Summit will be held Winchester, Virginia, USA, from July 8 -14, 2018.  Barry will be there along with many Learning Circle participants. You can register at the conference Web site: http://iearn2018.org/.  There will be two Learning Circle presentations at the conference.  You are welcome to participate in these presentations if you are at the conference.  This will be an incredible educational and cultural experience and we encourage everyone to attend the conference in July.

IF you are going  please get in touch with Barry and me so we can add you to the presentation.

It is not too late to make arranges to attend the conference. It is an incredible educational and cultural experience.  You will not regret your decision to go.

If you have any questions or need more information about any of this please contact Barry at [email protected] or [email protected].

It is time to wrap up your MY HERO Project by completing your ORGANIZER and remember to contact me if you have any problems or need help with the ORGANIZER or anything else.

CHEERS
Wendy Jewell Facilitator MY HERO Global Learning Circles www.myhero.com/learningcircles

www.myhero.com join us on FB, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and PLEASE join and POST.

Barry S. Kramer, Ph.D.
http://www.globallearningcircles.org/
[email protected]
[email protected]
Twitter: iEARNglobalLC

MY HERO Global Learning Circles UPDATE MAY 14, 2018

Happy May Greetings to All in MHE, MHM, MHH and CALL TO ACTION circles!

This session of Learning Circles is winding down and teachers are beginning to complete and share their ORGANIZER PAGES with their partner classes in the iEARN teacher forums.

These are ALL the tutorials you might need, including one on ORGANIZERS but ALWAYS contact me for help, wherever you and your students are with the project, it’s never too late:

https://www.myhero.com/tutorials

The great thing about the ORGANIZER, a digital format with downloadable pages is that we can make the information easily accessible to everyone.
Below are examples of completed organizers:

ELEMENTARY school ORGANIZER from Morocco:

https://myhero.com/org_MY-HERO-----AGBALOU-ELEMENTARY-SCHOOL

MIDDLE SCHOOL ORGANIZER FROM CANADA:

https://myhero.com/org_Dreamteam-Heroes

HIGH SCHOOL ORGANIZER FROM IRAN:

https://myhero.com/org_Mashar-High-School

A general ORGANIZER of Favorite ORGANIZERS including stories, films, art and audio:

https://myhero.com/org_MY-HERO-Global-Learning-Circles-Favorites

The Final Project Page is ready for your projects. 
http://www.iearn.org/circles/2018Session1/index.htm

May 14 – May 31

COMPLETE AND SHARE YOUR ORGANIZERS WITH YOUR CIRCLES PARTNERS and your students and please exchange comments about each other’s works. And send your goodbye messages.

June 10, 2018 - All access to the forums will end
A few items to remember:
1.  ORGANIZERS are created at www.myhero.com. PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECTLY if you have any questions. [email protected]  The great thing about digital formats and downloadable pages is that we can make the information easily accessible to everyone.

2.  If you have finished a project and would like it featured on the Finished Project Page, we would appreciate it very much if you would send Barry a copy of your completed ORGANIZER’s URL address. Also, please send us the:

Your full name:
Name of your group (mhe, mhm, mhh or call to action)
Class that worked on the project:
Name of your school:
City, state/region, and country:
Name of your project:

Projects and URL addresses can be sent to [email protected] or [email protected] [email protected]

3.  The Web address for the Finished Project page for the January to May 2018 session is:

After you send your work, Barry will post it and then send you a message so that you can check your information, document, and links.

4.  Please remember to send a Goodbye Message to your Learning Circles group after you have completed your ORGANIZER and have sent it to us.

5. Once Barry has posted your project he will activate your online iEARN Participation Certificate.  If you would like an additional iEARN Learning Circles teacher participant certificate, please let us know.  In order to qualify you would need to have: (1) been an active teacher/leader, (2) submitted your completed ORGANIZER in your Circle, and (3) completed the MY HERO post circle survey.  Certificates can only be sent as pdf files. Barry will also need the following information:

Your full name:
Name of your group (MHE, MHM, MHH or Call to Action)
Name of your school:
City, state/region, and country:
Name of your project:

6. The iEARN Conference and Youth Summit will be held in Winchester, Virginia, USA, from July 8 -14, 2018. Barry will be there along with many Learning Circle participants. You can register at the conference Web site: http://iearn2018.org/.  There will be two Learning Circle presentations at the conference.  You are welcome to participate in these presentations if you are at the conference.  This will be an incredible educational and cultural experience and I encourage everyone to attend the conference in July.

If you have any questions or need more information about any of this please contact me [email protected] or Barry at [email protected] or [email protected].

It is time to complete the MY HERO Project ORGANIZER.

Cheers Wendy and Barry

Wendy Jewell - Facilitator

https://myhero.com/learningcircles

[email protected]

https://www.youtube.com/myhero

FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/MyHeroProject

Twitter @myhero

Barry S. Kramer, Ph.D.
http://www.globallearningcircles.org/
[email protected]
[email protected]

MY HERO Global Learning Circles Update: Apr 26

Hi All MY HERO Global Learning Circle Participants; MHE, MHM, MHH and Call to Action

The time has come to complete your MY HERO project.

THIS PAGE HAS ALL THE TUTORIALS YOU MIGHT NEED TO SCROLL THROUGH TO THE ONES YOU NEED TO USE NOW:

https://myhero.com/tutorials

For some of the groups, the interaction between participants has been excellent over the past weeks.  I am very thankful for everyone who has remained dedicated and is working diligently to finish the MY HERO project part of this Learning Circle. For the other classes, you still have time to catch up and share your stories, art, short films or audio about your heroes. It’s never too late.
As part of your initial commitment to this project you agreed to create an ORGANIZER page that has a few pictures, thoughts about participating in this global online circle, your school link and any other info you want to share… as well as having your students share their hero with the world. This final part of Learning Circles is a very important element to experiencing the full process.

Please remember that other schools are counting on you. Please communicate with your team on when you will be sending your finished ORGANIZER.

MIDDLE SCHOOL ORGANIZER FROM CANADA:

https://myhero.com/org_Dreamteam-Heroes

HIGH SCHOOL ORGANIZER FROM IRAN:

You still have time to finish your participation in Learning Circles. JUNE 6th is the final day the forums will be open so BEFORE then is the time to publish your ORGANIZER, share it with your class partners, comment on their organizers and then say goodbye.

Barry is in the process of creating a Finished Project page that will allow anyone to view finished projects from all the active Circles in the January to May 2018 session. The Web address for this site will be:
http://www.iearn.org/circles/2018session1/index.htm
The page should be up within a few days.

When you have finished your ORGANIZER please post it in your iEARN Discussion Forum. If you would like it featured on the Finished Project Page, then send Barry and me a copy of your completed ORGANIZER that will be published on the MY HERO site. www.myhero.com

Also, please send us the:

Class that worked on the project,
Name of your school and the
City, state, and country your school is located.

If you have any questions or need more information about any of this please contact me at [email protected]

Remember our CONTESTS deadline is May 1, all details here: Send in stories, art, music, films, VR.

https://myhero.com/org_MY-HERO-Contests

I AM HERE TO HELP SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY IF YOU WANT TO FINISH.

We are looking forward to seeing your projects,
Wendy and Barry

www.myhero.com/learningcircles

[email protected]

https://www.youtube.com/myhero

Twitter @myhero

Barry S. Kramer, Ph.D.
http://learning.iearn.org/circles/
[email protected]
[email protected]
Twitter: iEARNglobalLC

APRIL 9, 2018 UPDATE and Next Steps for MHE, MHM, MHH or CALL TO ACTION MY HERO Learning Circles

TIME TO COMPLETE THE MY HERO Project and then share with your CIRCLE class partners, as well as continue to have your students participate in their Student Forums as well as teachers continuing to share their progress and estimated completion dates.

Now is the time for teachers to start your ORGANIZER and add your initial info, photos, paragraph about your circle and this global online experience. As your students stories, art, audio and/or short films are completed and submitted to www.myhero.com they will become available to add to your organizer.

You can scroll down to see any pertinent information you may have missed. You can also email me with any questions or concerns. [email protected] or my private email that you all have. It is never too late to complete and I am here to help every step of the way.

Please make sure to let your circle partners know where you are in this process, and when you think you will be done and sharing your ORGANIZER for others to see, as you will share theirs. 

MIDDLE SCHOOL ORGANIZER FROM CANADA:

https://myhero.com/org_Dreamteam-Heroes

HIGH SCHOOL ORGANIZER FROM IRAN:

Cheers

Wendy Jewell Facilitator MY HERO Global Learning Circles 

UPDATE AND NEXT STEPS March 9 for the next 6 weeks

Hello all participants in MHE, MHM, MHH and Call to Action CIRCLES:

MAKE SURE TO KEEP UP WITH THE TASKS IN YOUR TIMELINE/Checklist, that is top right of this URL: www.myhero.com/learningcircles

OVER the next 6 weeks it is time to CHOOSE a hero to celebrate in one of four ways, Stories, Art, Short Films or Audio and here is the MY HERO QUICK START GUIDE for teachers with all instructions and tutorials.

Please enjoy the Class Surveys and Welcome Packs, but now it is time to let them pass away and focus on the reason we are together. The purpose of THIS Learning Circles is to work together in the student and teacher forums discussing and then CHOOSING HEROES. Who is a hero? Can anyone be a hero? What makes someone a hero? ETC. This phase of Learning Circles is critically important for the future of your Circle. Your FORUMS and time together in them and doing the MY HERO Project should be collaborative in nature… within your class and then when sharing in the forums and your completed works.

EACH teacher will create an ORGANIZER page with all of your students works, as well as with pictures of your class, school, community and country, link to your school website if you have one and a few paragraphs about your experiences taking part in this global online project. HERE are examples of past ORGANIZERS… completed MY HERO Projects from previous MY HERO Global Learning Circles.

MIDDLE SCHOOL ORGANIZER FROM CANADA:

https://myhero.com/org_Dreamteam-Heroes

HIGH SCHOOL ORGANIZER FROM IRAN:

The commitment is for every class to discover and share their heroes with their own class and with their partner classes in the four ways mentioned above and in the TIMELINE. . The management of your student team is up to you.  This collaborative phase of Learning Circles is your opportunity to allow your students to creatively engage in project work. It should be student inspired, student created, and student managed as much as possible. Above all, it should be fun for them.

The Student Forums are ready! If you would like to have your students participate in the MY HERO Learning Circle Student Forums please complete the following steps.  First, register your students in the Member Dashboard of the iEARN Collaboration Centre, next send BARRY KRAMER an email along with the following information to: [email protected]

Your Full Name:
Your Email Address:
Your Learning Circle Name: MHE, MHM, MHH or CALL TO ACTION 
Shortly after Barry receives your email, he will add you and your students to the forum.  He will notify you when this has occurred.  After this the forums are open to both you and your students. PLEASE REMEMBER IT IS UP TO EACH TEACHER TO MONITOR YOUR STUDENTS FORUM.

YOUR STUDENT FORUMS:

Elementary:https://forums.iearn.org/lc-jan2018-may2018/categories/my-hero-learning-circle-1-%28elementary-school%29-students_s18

Middle: https://forums.iearn.org/lc-jan2018-may2018/categories/my-hero-learning-circle-1-(middle-school)-students

High School: https://forums.iearn.org/lc-jan2018-may2018/categories/my-hero-learning-circle-1-(high-school)-students-s18

Call to Action: https://forums.iearn.org/lc-jan2018-may2018/categories/my-hero:-call-to-action:-global-activism-learning-circle-1-students

Keep your Circle moving forward,
Wendy and Barry

Wendy Jewell

Facilitator

MY HERO Learning Circles

www.myhero.com/learningcircles

[email protected]

https://www.youtube.com/myhero

FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/MyHeroProject

Twitter @myhero

Barry S. Kramer, Ph.D.
www.globallearningcircles.org
[email protected]
[email protected]
Twitter: iEARNglobalLC

MY HERO Global Learning Circle UPDATE and next steps: February 26, 2018

MHE, MHM, MHH and CALL TO ACTION circles:

THIS WEEK YOUR GOAL IS TO make sure EVERY TEACHER has registered for your MY HERO EDUCATOR account( www.myhero.com/register) and have created a CLASS CODE to give your students for when THEY register as a student (www.myhero.com/register) 

ALSO please REGISTER your students for STUDENT FORUMS and add all your students (Instructions at end of this posting),
PLEASE make use of this link that will also take you to your IEARN teacher forums (MHE, MHM, MHH or CALL TO ACTION): https://www.myhero.com/learningcircles

A MUST READ RESOURCE FOR ALL PARTICIPATING TEACHERS:

MY HERO LEARNING CIRCLES TIMELINE CHECKLIST 2018

http://myhero.com/hosted/pdf/2018-Learning-Circles-Timeline.pdf

GIVE THIS TO YOUR STUDENTS AFTER YOU HAVE YOUR MY HERO EDUCATOR ACCOUNT AND CLASS CODE:

MY HERO Learning Circles Student guide 2018

http://myhero.com/hosted/pdf/learningcircles_studentguide_2018.pdf

Last Call for Teacher Hello Messages, Class Surveys, and Welcome Packs
PLEASE NOTE: Please post all messages in your iEARN Discussion Forum that you can access through this link: www.myhero.com/learningcircles

If a teacher joins late, they will still be able to read the earlier messages.

The Student Forums for the January to May 2018 session of Learning Circles are now open.

If you would like to have your students participate in the Learning Circle Student Forums, please complete the following steps.  First, register your students in the Member Dashboard of the iEARN Collaboration Centre, next send me send an email along with the following information to: [email protected]

Your Full Name:
Your Email Address:
Your Learning Circle Name: MHE, MHM, MHH or CALL TO ACTION

Shortly after Barry gets your email, he will add you and your students to the forum.  He will notify you when this has occurred.  After this, the forums are open to both you and your students.

Please remember that each teacher who signs up his/her students for the Student Forums is responsible for monitoring the content of the messages and discussions posted by your students.  You can receive copies of all student messages that are posted by going to your “Notification Settings” on your Member Dashboard and clicking on a method for receiving notifications

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I hope all of you are enjoying getting acquainted this session. We are very close to seeing full participation in every Learning Circle.
Learning Circles are spinning into action
*///////=====================------------

Cheers

Wendy and Barry

Wendy Jewell - Facilitator - MY HERO Global Learning Circles

www.myhero.com/learningcircles

[email protected]

https://www.youtube.com/myhero

https://www.facebook.com/MyHeroProject

Twitter @myhero

Barry S. Kramer, Ph.D.
www.globallearningcircles.org
[email protected]
[email protected]
Twitter: iEARNglobalLC

MY HERO Global Learning Circles Update: February 19

Weekly news and information to guide your participation in the Learning Circles project.
Hello To all participants in MHE, MHM, MHH and CALL TO ACTION circles.

Just a reminder: Your Class Survey should be posted by the end of the week.  Currently, only a few teachers have posted a survey.  If you have not finished it, please try to send it as soon as possible.  If you are still working on your survey, it would be helpful if you would send a message to your group to let them know when you will be sending it.

There are many different ways to send your Class Survey.  The purpose of this task is to share some information about your students, school, and community.  You can send your information in any cross platform form that you wish.

Please remember, that the Class Survey template is a starting point for you to share some cultural information about your students, school, and community.  You are free to add to it and be as creative as you wish.  In the past, some teachers have added additional information, included pictures, created PowerPoints, produced movies, and even recorded podcasts!  The limit is your time and creativity.

If you have already sent your Class Survey, please share the other surveys with your students.  You are welcome and encouraged to respond to the surveys.  Let your students investigate and ask questions of your Circle partners.  Also, you may send supplementary information if your want to share more of your local culture and country.  This cultural exchange of information is very exciting for students.  Please take advantage of this wonderful opportunity.

Below are some creative examples that have already been posted by participants:

LuminitaTiuliuliuc from Moldova: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vclVsFS6iGd0OAmO0QG2HTDUxnZYgurO/view

Tetiana Pikush from Ukraine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7meL6Br3lDE&feature=youtu.be

This is also a good time to REGISTER as an EDUCATOR and get your CLASS CODE, if you have not already done so! Do so here: www.myhero.com/register

A Few Notes:
1. The Student Forums are now open. If you would like to have your students participate in the MY HERO Global Learning Circle Student Forums, please complete the following steps.  First, register your students in the Member Dashboard of the iEARN Collaboration Centre, next send Barry an email along with the following information to: [email protected]

Your Full Name:
Your Email Address:
Your Learning Circle Name:. MHE, MHM, MHH OR Call to Action

2. Please remember that each teacher who signs up his/her students for the Student Forums is responsible for monitoring the content of the messages and discussions posted by your students.  You can receive copies of all student messages that are posted by going to your “Notification Settings” on your Member Dashboard and clicking on a method for receiving notifications.

3.  Please stay in touch with your Circle Members on a regular basis. Send an email periodically, even if it is to only to say, “Hi.”  It is also polite to respond to messages.  Nothing is more discouraging than sharing information with a group and then having absolutely no response.

We are looking forward to reading your Class Surveys, FIND THE SURVEY by going into this LINK:

TIMELINE CHECKLIST 2018

and scroll down near end of page 2. OR scroll down to end of this posting for it.

Wendy and Barry

Wendy Jewell

Facilitator

MY HERO Learning Circles

www.myhero.com/learningcircles

[email protected]

https://www.youtube.com/myhero

Twitter @myhero

Barry S. Kramer, Ph.D.
http://www.globallearningcircles.org/
[email protected]
[email protected]
Twitter: iEARNglobalLC

The MY HERO Classroom Survey

Circle Name: MHM1___ MHM1___MHH1___CallToAction___

Class Name:

School Name:

SCHOOL ADDRESS (please make sure this is accurate with ALL postal codes, etc…. this is for the welcome packages exchange if you choose to participate)

PART I. INTRODUCING THE CLASS

A. Name of teacher:

B. Grade level:

1. Music groups –

2. Authors-

3. TV programs-

4. Foods-

5. School subjects-

6. Sports-

7. Video or computer games-

8. Favorite Websites-

9. Other Class Favorites of your choice

PART II. INTRODUCING THE SCHOOL

A. School information

1. Name of School

3. Size of school

4. School emblem, colors or mascot

5. School history

B. School program

PART III. INTRODUCING THE COMMUNITY

A. Your community

1. Name of your community-

3. Location of your community

4. The area of your community

5. The population of your community

B. Special characteristics

.

C. Industries

PART IV. WHO IS A HERO?

PART V. OTHER INFORMATION

Student Forums Are Now Open: February 12

HELLO All MY HERO Global Learning Circle Participants; (MHE, MHM, MHH and CALL TO ACTION

Your Full Name:
Your Email Address:

Please remember that each teacher who signs up his/her students for the Student Forums is responsible for monitoring the content of the messages and discussions posted by your students.  You can receive copies of all student messages that are posted by going to your “Notification Settings” on your Member Dashboard and clicking on a method for receiving notifications.

Thank you,
Wendy and Barry
Wendy Jewell - Facilitator- MY HERO Learning Circles

www.myhero.com/learningcircles

[email protected]

https://www.youtube.com/myhero

Twitter @myhero
Barry S. Kramer, Ph.D.
www.globallearningcircles.org
[email protected]
[email protected]
Twitter: iEARNglobalLC

UPDATE 2 – Opening the CIRCLE Feb 7
www.myhero.com/learningcircles

PLEASE REMEMBER YOU ARE WORKING IN TWO WEBSITES but can ACCESS BOTH by first going to www.myhero.com/learningcircles

YOU CAN ACCESS your iearn TEACHER FORUMS by clicking on:

MHE, MHM, MHH or CALL: TO ACTION blue buttons on RIGHT

NEXT STEPS TO DO NOW:

Some of you have wondered what to do next, what are the steps so if you take a look at the general TIMELINE/checklist below, it lays it out for you.

http://myhero.com/Hosted/pdf/2018-Learning-Circles-Timeline.pdf

I will also be sending weekly updates to keep us on track. It seems like a lot at the beginning with a lot of information to absorb but just keep up with the tasks and it will all work out.

And I am here to help every step of the way.

Electronic Roll Call:
NOW is the time to send your

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TEACHER    HELLO    MESSAGES (in your iEARN teacher forums)
early next week you will need to complete and send your

MY HERO CLASS   SURVEY (it can be found in the TIMELINE/checklist to download and have your students fill out as a group) Then you post it IN YOUR TEACHER FORUM.

Information is available on the Web for working within IEARN BUT REMEMBER you will be working within the MY HERO PROJECT and using their multi-media tools to complete!)

SO you can look at this information, as a resource but PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS GO THROUGH THE MY HERO PORTAL AT: www.myhero.com/learningcircles
Web Address: http://www.globallearningcircles.org/circleNews/2/index.html

First Teacher Tasks
Teachers Hello Message
Class Introductions
Class Survey
Welcome Packs 
How to Send Your Messages
Changing Your iEARN Email Address
Learning Circle Interaction: Class-to-Class Communication vs. Pen Pal Messages

WE HOPE YOU ENJOY getting to know each other!

T H E   E N D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wendy and Barry

Wendy Jewell

Facilitator

MY HERO Learning Circles

www.myhero.com/learningcircles

[email protected]

https://vimeo.com/myheroproject

https://www.youtube.com/myhero

https://www.facebook.com/MyHeroProject

Twitter @myhero

Barry S. Kramer, Ph.D.
www.globallearningcircles.org
[email protected]
[email protected]
Twitter: iEARNglobalLC

MY HERO Global Learning Circles Update: Week 1 – February 3

Week 1 information and directions for Learning Circle participants

Welcome to MY HERO Global Learning Circles!  

By now, everyone should have received his/her Learning Circles placement.  

REMEMBER YOU ARE WORKING WITHIN TWO WEBSITES (MY HERO and iEARN)

You can ACCESS BOTH by first going to www.myhero.com/learningcirles

Your IEARN FORUM is top right, MHE, MHM, MHH OR Call to Action.

The goal of this week is for you to introduce yourself to your Learning Circle group.  We are also testing out the Learning Circles discussion forums in the iEARN Collaboration Centre.  There are always a few minor technical problems.

All Learning Circle interaction should take place through the iEARN Collaboration Centre.  Learning Circles occupies a section of the iEARN Collaboration Centre called the Learning Circles Space.  In this Space each Learning Circle project is called a group.  

The first thing you should do is log into your iEARN account and access your Member Dashboard.  Please remember to use the same name and password you used to register for Learning Circles.  When you go to the Collaboration tab and click on My Groups, you should see your new Learning Circle group. Click on your group to go to your Discussion Group.   

Next, go back to your “Notification Settings” on your Collaboration Centre Dashboard.  When you click on this button, you will see a list of projects.  Look for your Learning Circle group and click on the method you would like for email notifications.  This tutorial provides instructions on how to do this: http://tutorials.iearn.org/tutorial/receive-via-email/

You are now free to post a message in the forum by clicking on “Add a Discussion.” 

Right now, you may be wondering what you should do?  During this first week, we test the forums and message distribution system.  The best way to do this is to post a message and introduce yourself.  Be creative, tell everyone about your school, students, and share some of your personal life.  You may also attach a picture or anything else that you think helps us to know you better.

The goal this week is for every teacher to say “Hello” and talk a little about yourself. It is also a good opportunity to talk about your goals for the project, your interests, and any concerns you may have. Please remember to say ‘Hello” to your facilitator. You are also very welcome and encouraged to respond to the messages that other teachers send by “Adding A Comment.”  You can also test out the new “Quote” feature by quoting something your colleagues wrote.

In several days, I will post Circle News 2 along with the MY HERO Class Survey template.  After you have posted your introduction message, please begin to work on your Class Survey.  Don’t forget to check in with your group each week and give an update on your progress.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me or Barry by email.

Thank you for your participation,
Wendy and Barry

www.myhero.com/learningcircles

[email protected]

https://vimeo.com/myheroproject

https://www.youtube.com/myhero

https://www.facebook.com/MyHeroProject

Twitter @myhero

Barry S. Kramer, Ph.D.
http://www.globallearningcircles.org/
[email protected]
[email protected]
Twitter: iEARNglobalLC

Hello and WELCOME to all the new sessions of the MY HERO Global Learning Circles!!! January 30 2018

We have 4 extremely diverse circles, with classes from around the world:

Elementary (MHE1) Canada, Russia, USA, Ukraine, Moldova (2) and Australia

Middle (MHM1) Moldova (4), Iran, Canada, USA (2) and Ukraine

High School (MHH1) Algeria, Taiwan, Moldova (2), Argentina, Canada, Romania, USA and Slovenia

CALL TO ACTION (MHCA1) Togo, Mali, USA, Pakistan, Canada and Moldova

We are looking forward to getting off to a great start and I will be here every step of the way as we go on this journey of discovering who and what inspires us and our students... who are our heroes.

Cheers

Wendy 

Wendy Jewell

Facilitator

MY HERO Learning Circles

www.myhero.com/learningcircles

[email protected]

https://www.youtube.com/myhero

Twitter @myhero

Relevant Links

How to Choose a Hero
MY HERO Global Learning Circles Favorites
Results from Past Learning Circles
Educator's Quickstart Guide

Direct Forum Links

Click to access your iEarn / MY HERO forums

Weekly Links

Organizers and relevant links for this week...

EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUR STUDENTS! (VOTING ENDS DECEMBER 5)
We have a wonderful opportunity to bring inspiration into your classroom through engaging films that are finalists in the MY HERO International Film Festival - People’s Choice Award.
Here is a link to the 2018 People’s Choice ballot. You can view these films with your class and then VOTE by selecting ONE as the winner. 

Here is a link to the people’s choice guide with details about using this resource in your classroom.

Engage your students with positive media - enjoy this FREE resource!
Voting Period ends December 5th!

Kind regards,
The MY HERO Team

HOW TO USE MY HERO for Teacher's SHORT VIDEO:

CLICK HERE

SHARE 2 min video WITH YOUR STUDENTS about The MY HERO Project and how you can participate!

CLICK THE LINK BELOW to access your EDUCATOR'S QUICK START GUIDE for using MY HERO in the classroom.

https://myhero.com/TeachersRoom/Index

CLICK ON THE TUTORIAL YOU NEED NOW:

VIDEO OF HOW TO CREATE A STORY PAGE:

https://myhero.com/hosted/video/Create-Story-Tutorial-CUT.mp4

VIDEO OF HOW TO CREATE AN ART PAGE:
https://myhero.com/hosted/video/Create-Art-Tutorial-CUT.mp4

VIDEO HOW TO MAKE A FILM PAGE:
https://myhero.com/hosted/video/Create-Film-Tutorial-CUT.mp4

VIDEO HOW TO CREATE AN AUDIO PAGE:

https://myhero.com/hosted/video/Create-Audio-Tutorial-CUT.mp4

HOW TO DO ORGANIZER TUTORIAL:

https://myhero.com/Hosted/video/Organizer-Taft-High-School-Tutorial.mp4

How do I add myself to the map?