The Future of Our Species

Produced by: The Moxie Institute/Dir. Tiffany Shlain | Experimental | 2015 | USA | 5:24

This fall marks the release of 'Leonardo's Brain,' the book that Director Tiffany Shlain's father and best-selling author, Leonard Shlain, finished days before he passed away. Tiffany builds off her father's ideas to explore the future of our species.

This film is part of the Emmy-nominated hit series, 'The Future Starts Here,' where Director Tiffany Shlain takes us on a series of wildly entertaining, daring and inspiring rides exploring what it means to be human in an increasingly connected world. From the latest neuroscience on daydreaming to the evolution of social media to new perspectives on creativity, diplomacy, gender and the future of our species, Shlain uses her signature style of fast-paced images, colorful animations, and daring and funny insights to encourage us all to think about where we're headed.

WINNER - BEST OF FEST in the 2015 MY HERO International Film Festival!

For More Information

About Tiffany Shlain
<
>

5:55
Lakota Waldorf School | Pine Ridge Indian Reservation | South Dakota
We believe that the future is to be found in the continued teaching of our language and our sacred values. The Lakota Language and values will form the foundation for all classes.
10:38
Freedom Education Project Puget Sound
FEPPS provides a rigorous college program to incarcerated women in Washington and creates pathways to higher education after women are released from prison.
The Flying Book
Through funding by Luz Verde Projects, the Bibliobus project is able to help children in eleven rural schools in Estelí, Nicaragua develop a love of reading.
10:24
A Shot at Success
Parkfields Primary School in gang-ridden Hanover Park, with committed teachers and effective management is a shining light for the future of the community.
Laughter Yoga | Laughing for Fitness // 60 Second Docs
Jeffrey Briar trains members of the Laughter Yoga Institute, a laughing club in Laguna Beach, California that works on the principle that the body cannot differentiate between “real” and deliberate laughter.
1:37
Laguna Beach Police Anti-Bullying Campaign Featuring Tony Hawk
Laguna Beach PD's Anti-Bullying Campaign featuring Tony Hawk and Captain Jeff Calvert.
4:53
Laguna Beach Community Clinic | Then & Now
My Pets Are My Heroes
My Hero - Service Dogs
Animal Control Officers
Service Dogs
All About My Mom
My Hero - My Mom
Ruby's Dad
Madilyn's Hero - Her Mom
Emma Marie's Dad
My Hero - My Dad
Veterinarians Are Heroes
Chosen
A Hero In the Realm of Diversity