The Future of Our Species

Produced by: The Moxie Institute/Dir. Tiffany Shlain | Experimental | 2015 | USA | 5:24

This fall marks the release of 'Leonardo's Brain,' the book that Director Tiffany Shlain's father and best-selling author, Leonard Shlain, finished days before he passed away. Tiffany builds off her father's ideas to explore the future of our species.

This film is part of the Emmy-nominated hit series, 'The Future Starts Here,' where Director Tiffany Shlain takes us on a series of wildly entertaining, daring and inspiring rides exploring what it means to be human in an increasingly connected world. From the latest neuroscience on daydreaming to the evolution of social media to new perspectives on creativity, diplomacy, gender and the future of our species, Shlain uses her signature style of fast-paced images, colorful animations, and daring and funny insights to encourage us all to think about where we're headed.

WINNER - BEST OF FEST in the 2015 MY HERO International Film Festival!

For More Information

About Tiffany Shlain
<
>

2020 IFF People's Choice Award
"A Moment in History" is the 2020 People's Choice Award Winner and the 1st Place Winner for The MY HERO IFF Sheltering Stories Category.
2:34
Communities of Hope : Discovering the ecovillages of Europe [Trailer]
Communities of Hope is a film born from a quest to discover a regenerative culture.
7:09
FARESTART: DANI
A documentary about Dani, a FareStart Adult Culinary Graduate. This film explores her life and the hardships that she has overcome.
6:23
Ngozika's Magical African Masks
A short inspirational documentary that includes a dollop of animation, about a fashion designer who was about to quit her dream career.
2:06
A Moment in History
Tribute to all the healthcare workers fighting at the frontline against Covid-19 - Voice of NY Governor Andrew Cuomo.
4:23
Project FUEL - The Story
Deepak Ramola, Founder & Artistic Director of Project FUEL, shares the story of how it all began.
4:35
Cries of the Children
Cries of the Children is a short film about how Latinos are affected by social media postings illustrating child separation.
SENSITIZATION VIDEO ABOUT CONVID-19
Maurice Gordon time lapse
Michael Dean time lapse
David McAtee time lapse
Time Lapse Breonna Taylor
Tony McDade
NARJES KHANALIZADEH
Dr. Sharareh Majd
Coronavirus Heroes
9:18
The Hand You Were Dealt
Among the many ideas and beliefs that separate us, there are two fundamental human qualities that we all share: the yearning for love and the ability to help others.
10:52
The House of Tipi
This film follows the generations of those who have built Tipi Cafe and grown together from its humble foundations.
7:34
Finding Hope
A film about Safe Alliance, an organization providing hope and healing to those impacted by domestic violence and sexual assault.
7:23
A Sonic Pulse
A Sonic Pulse explores Deaf people’s experience of electronic music from a visceral, communal and scientific perspective.