Documentary

Gloria's Call [Trailer]

Directed by: Cheri Gaulke | Production Company: ACCCA Productions | Starring: Gloria Orenstein | Documentary | 2018 | USA

In 1971, graduate student Gloria Orenstein received a call from Surrealist artist Leonora Carrington that sparked a lifelong journey into art, ecofeminism and shamanism. The short film, Gloria’s Call, uses art, animation and storytelling to celebrate this wild adventure from the cafes of Paris to the mountaintops of Samiland. Now more than 40 years later, award-winning Dr. Gloria Feman Orenstein is a feminist art critic, and pioneer scholar of women in Surrealism and ecofeminism in the arts. Her delightful tale brings alive an often unseen history of women in the arts.

Professor Emeritus Dr. Gloria Feman Orenstein is a feminist art critic, author, pioneer in the field of the women of Surrealism and scholar of ecofeminism in the arts. Orenstein was a founder of the Women's Salon for Literature in New York City and a Professor of Comparative Literature and Gender Studies at the University of Southern California until her retirement.

The film is produced by artists Cheri Gaulke (director), Cheryl Bookout, Anne Gauldin, Sue Maberry and Christine Papalexis with funding from Southern California Women's Caucus for Art. The idea for the film was born during a presentation by renowned scholar Dr. Gloria Feman Orenstein at the SCWCA Surrealist Tea in October 2016.

For More Information

Gloria's Call Film Website
<
>

Water Crisis in our community
Pastor Basch, A Personal Hero
Everyday Heroes
Andreas Livieratos' Hero Story
Hero Documentary
My Cousin, My Hero
My Hero Nafezs Interview
Mohammed Ghaboun Documentary
My hero by Dimitri Stithos
Olivia Milch - Writing Ocean's 8 - Women Transforming Media Interview
7:20
Made in Madras
Made in Madras is the story of an 18-year-old soccer player, Sangeetha, who lives on the streets of Madras (aka Chennai).
10:28
Rainmakers III - A Tanzanian Story
A story about spreading an idea that teaches us to value our environment so that tree stumps can grow to become actual trees.
5:25
Never Too Old
"Karthyayani Amma of Cheppad village took up pen for the first time when she was 94 in 2017.
Suffer for Good
Ethiopian boxer Seb Zewdie's Olympic dreams were knocked out when the Soviet Union and their allies boycotted the '84 Los Angeles Olympics...
The only legally enforceable emotional support animal letter online
7:08
Protecting Blue Whales and Blue Skies
A collaboration of government agencies, non-profits, and private industry come together to solve the problem of commercial ships causing increased air pollution and whale strikes in the Santa Barbara Channel.
Exchange Volunteer CorpsAfrica/Senegal Abdel Kader Kadfi
Local Fishing in Sierra Leone
Won't You Be My Neighbor [Trailer]
Won’t You Be My Neighbor? takes an intimate look at America’s favorite neighbor: Mister Fred Rogers.
12:24
The Mauritania Railway: Backbone of the Sahara
The Mauritania Railway: Backbone of the Sahara is a documentary film directed by MacGregor. Concepted and produced in partnership with Antonio Aguilar, Tim Hyten, and Aaron Mckenzie, the film also features a score by award-winning composer Rhian Sheehan.