Experimental

Haenyo, the women of the sea

Directed by: Éloïc Gimenez | Production Company: Girelle Production | Experimental | 2018 | France | 5:15

This film focuses on the life of the Haenyo, the diving women of Jeju in South Korea, with 7 idiomatic expressions from the island. The animated sketches also highlight the musicality of the spoken language.

Password: haenyo2018

For More Information

Girelle Production
Novanima Production
<
>

6:36
Conversations With My Mother
I try to capture the simplicity of her life and the warmth that she provides to her family.
5:00
We Are Human
In a world that sees them as lesser, Black women declare their humanity.
DEAR AMERICA - student honoree
An exploration of what it means to be a Black American.
Balud
This short experimental film is a response to Typhoon Yolanda (International name: Haiyan), which swallowed my hometown Tacloban city last November, 2013. This film dedicated to family, friends and fellowmen who were lost on its wake, and to those who are still fighting for survival and for new beginnings.
Smoke That Travels [Trailer]
What happens when a story is forgotten? I'm making a film about my dad, Gary Wiski-ge-amatyuk, my family, and what it means to be Native American today.
5:24
The Future of Our Species
This fall marks the release of 'Leonardo's Brain,' the book that Director Tiffany Shlain's father and best-selling author, Leonard Shlain, finished days before he passed away. Tiffany builds off her father's ideas to explore the future of our species.
5:58
A Case for Dreaming
This short 6 min film explores the creative and emotional importance of&hellip;.letting our brains do nothing.
5 min
Sea Fever
A poetic & musical expression of connecting to the mighty sea.
3:57
Another World
"Another World" has the goal of inspiring others to find their voice through finding their passion, ultimately encouraging the public to use their newfound voice to positively impact their community.
3:51
It Starts Now - Alan Watts
An inspiring and profound speech from the late Alan Watts on the transformation of human consciousness.
3:38
The Dream of Life - Alan Watts
Visualizing an inspiring and profound speech from the late Alan Watts.
7
Bella Gaia
Bella Galia means Beautiful Earth. Producer Kenji Williams came up with the idea after meeting an astronaut who lived on a space station for 6 months.