Documentary

Illegal Activists - The Battle for Norway's Fjords

Directed by: Julia Dahr, Julie Lunde Lillesæter | Documentary | 2018 | Norway | 10:55

PASSWORD: fjord

Young activists decide to break the law to stop a mining company from dumping waste into a Norwegian fjord.

For More Information

Differ Media
<
>

Olivia Milch - Writing Ocean's 8 - Women Transforming Media Interview
7:20
Made in Madras
Made in Madras is the story of an 18-year-old soccer player, Sangeetha, who lives on the streets of Madras (aka Chennai).
10:28
Rainmakers III - A Tanzanian Story
A story about spreading an idea that teaches us to value our environment so that tree stumps can grow to become actual trees.
5:25
Never Too Old
"Karthyayani Amma of Cheppad village took up pen for the first time when she was 94 in 2017.
Suffer for Good
Ethiopian boxer Seb Zewdie's Olympic dreams were knocked out when the Soviet Union and their allies boycotted the '84 Los Angeles Olympics...
The only legally enforceable emotional support animal letter online
7:08
Protecting Blue Whales and Blue Skies
A collaboration of government agencies, non-profits, and private industry come together to solve the problem of commercial ships causing increased air pollution and whale strikes in the Santa Barbara Channel.
Exchange Volunteer CorpsAfrica/Senegal Abdel Kader Kadfi
Local Fishing in Sierra Leone
Won't You Be My Neighbor [Trailer]
Won’t You Be My Neighbor? takes an intimate look at America’s favorite neighbor: Mister Fred Rogers.
12:24
The Mauritania Railway: Backbone of the Sahara
The Mauritania Railway: Backbone of the Sahara is a documentary film directed by MacGregor. Concepted and produced in partnership with Antonio Aguilar, Tim Hyten, and Aaron Mckenzie, the film also features a score by award-winning composer Rhian Sheehan.
8:09
Guatemalans and their Government
“Everyday, journalists put their lives on the line to tell the truth.”
4:33
Mi Granito de Arena (My Little Grain of Sand)
Veteran radio journalist Maria Martin discusses the reality of journalism and activism in Guatemala where reporting the truth could put one’s life at risk.
9:07
Women are Gold
One woman must learn how to value herself in a society that holds men in higher esteem than women.
7:53
The Toothmans
Deb and Jim Toothman and their transgender daughter Cooper Toothman, talk about their struggles with acceptance both within their family and in the community.
4:08
Mayan Dreams Through Education
Two student filmmakers travel to Guatemala and gather diverse voices of teachers, women weavers, street vendors and students who articulate their vision for keeping traditional values, while expanding opportunities through education.
13:46
A Moment of Compassion
On the border of Mexico and the USA, Tijuana Native , Dr. Patricia Gonzalez-Zuniga and her team of American and Mexican interns and residents provide care and compassion for anyone in need with their street clinic THE WOUND CLINIC.
2:59
Thunderbird
Thunderbird is a short documentary exploring the story of Steven Collins, an international Olympic ski jumper. Using archive footage and photos, Thunderbird gives a genuine look at Steven’s story.
7:09
Dreamers
We wanted to spread awareness about DACA. Our film main priority was to educate people about this issues surrounding DACA students.
3:07
Zuzana: Music is Life (Trailer)
An uplifting and inspiring musical story of love, tyranny and triumph.