Ocean

Looking After Our Environment: James Price Point

Directed by: Mark Pearce | Produced by: Mark Pearce | Production Company: Balangara Films | Short | 2012 | Australia | 6:31

Eco warrior, Mark Jones, speaks out against a gas development complex that spells doomsday for some of the world’s most unique and secretive species living around James Price Point, the coastal precinct in the Kimberley that the Western Australian Government and a consortium of corporate giants propose to dig up. 

Expect to see dinosaur footprints, humpback whales, spinner dolphins, the incredibly rare and endangered bilby, and stunning landscapes of the Kimberley. Featuring Xavier Rudd’s "Spirit Bird" - debuted at #2 on the ARIA charts.

For More Information

Wilderness
Save the Kimberley
<
>

4:16
freeFLY
A collaboration between Oceans Unmanned and DJI utilizing drones to help entangled humpback whales.
6:31
Mark Jones speaks out against a gas development complex that spells doomsday for some species living around James Price Point.
5:39
Defending The Deep
A tireless defender of the oceans and marine life, Claire Nouvian was the 2018 European recipient of the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize.
6:06
Blue Ventures
In 2004, realizing that conversation had to go beyond counting species, marine biologist Alasdair Harris encouraged a coastal Madagascar community to close off a small section of their octopus-fishing area for a few months, to see if this would boost productivity.
7:08
Protecting Blue Whales and Blue Skies
A collaboration of government agencies, non-profits, and private industry come together to solve the problem of commercial ships causing increased air pollution and whale strikes in the Santa Barbara Channel.
13:06
Gwala Rising in the Bwanabwana Islands
Gwala Rising in the Bwanabwana Islands depicts the revitalization of traditional conservation practices in the islands of Papua New Guinea.
4 min
Bazaruto Ocean Guardians
Meet the Ocean Guardians of Bazaruto Mozambique, who work tirelessly to teach local communities about the importance of conservation.
8:58
Invisible Ocean: Plankton & Plastic
INVISIBLE OCEAN: PLANKTON AND PLASTIC is a documentary that follows NYC Environmental Artist Mara G. Haseltine as she create a sculpture to reveal a microscopic threat beneath the surface of the ocean.
8:58
Invisible Ocean: Plankton & Plastic
This doc follows NYC sci-artist Mara G. Haseltine as she creates a sculpture to reveal a microscopic threat beneath the surface of the ocean.
3:06
With Change Comes Opportunity
Rob Pennicott was disappointed the day his local fishing spot was turned into a marine park. Today, Rob says his fishing tourism business, Pennicott Wilderness Journeys, is reliant not just on good fisheries management, but on the longevity of marine park areas in Tasmania.
4:28
OCEAN DEFENDERS ALLIANCE / Isla Coronado Ghost Net - Excerpt
Removing a ghost net from the sea.
Mr. Whale
Karim Sall, from Senegal, is nicknamed, Mr. Whale for his devotion to protecting sea life, and for his activism for ocean conservation in Senegal.