Relationships

Students in Dakar on MY HERO's Impact 10 years later..

Directed by: Cherikh Darou Seck | Documentary | 2019 |

Cheikh Darou Seck shares his interviews with students and an Artist from Dakar Senegal 10 years after taking part in the MY HERO and the powerful impact it made on their lives.

For More Information

Read a beautiful MY HERO story recently written by Filmmaker and Teacher - Cheikh Darou Seck
<
>

Related Pages

Picture of Cheikh Darou Seck
Cheikh Darou Seck
Cheikh Darou Seck is an English teacher in Senegal who inspires his students to become MY HERO reporters and filmmakers.
Picture of Students in Dakar on MY HERO's Impact 10 years later..
Cheikh Darou Seck films students from Dakar Senegal -10 years after taking part in the MY HERO Media Arts Education program and its impact on their future.
Picture of Cheikh Seck at ISTE 2012
Cheikh Seck at ISTE 2012
Cheikh Seck speaks about MY HERO's impact at the 2012 ISTE Conference.
Picture of Teacher Hero: Cheikh Darou Seck
Teacher Hero: Cheikh Darou Seck
If other children of the world can make films then you can do it too.
Picture of MY HERO SENEGAL
MY HERO SENEGAL
BUILDING MEDIA SKILLS AND EMPOWERING STUDENTS
Picture of Saint George shares his Art
Saint George shares his Art
St. George Thompson on creating art and illustrations for MY HERO.
Picture of The Hero Calendar: Discover a New Hero 365 Days a Year
The Hero Calendar: Discover a New Hero 365 Days a Year
Managing editor Xenia introduces the MY HERO Home Page and Calendar, which drives our year-long celebration of heroes and global observances. She also takes you behind the scenes to show how our staff curates multimedia lesson plans so teachers can bring their classrooms to life.
Teacher's Room
Learn about MY HERO's Teachers Room with Learning Circle Director Laura Nietzer
Laura Nietzer gives tips on how to use the Teacher's Room Resources to bring classrooms to life. Laura is available to mentor teachers as they integrate MY HERO with their classes.
Meet Our Mentor
Meet Our Mentor - Victoria Murphy
Victoria Murphy explains her vision and passion for using Art to tell inspiring HERO stories.
Picture of Meet Stu
Meet Stu
Stuart Pearlman reflects on his journey with Music and managing MY HERO Audio
Picture of Nathan Smith Technical Director Video
Nathan Smith Technical Director Video
Nathan Smith reviews his work on MY HERO Web Design and Database
Picture of Meet Wendy Milette Video
Meet Wendy Milette Video
Wendy Milette provides an overview on her role as Film Festival and Media Arts Director
Marc Ostrick sits with students in the MY HERO India Global Exchange program
Meet Marc Ostrick Video
Marc Ostrick - a New Media Arts Educator shares a video on his recent work with - MY HERO and Video Volunteers - Dept. of State Grant - India
<
>

7:53
The Toothmans
Deb and Jim Toothman and their transgender daughter Cooper Toothman, talk about their struggles with acceptance both within their family and in the community.
5:00
The Story of Life
A documentary detailing the life of ten-year-old Ethan Posner, his three-year battle against cancer.
11:07
I'll Hide, You Seek
I'll Hide You Seek is literally and figuratively a story about being lost... and found. A story about being seen, and known.
11:41
Between Us
Between Us is the story of Angela’s life, the one she has and the one she wishes she could have.
5:40
Louis’ story: child soldier to role model
This film by the Thomson Reuters Foundation tells the story of Louis Lakor, a former child soldier with the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) rebel group in northern Uganda.
10:11
Laurie's Day
The film follows Tory and her brother Dean as they struggle to say goodbye to their mother on her final day.
4:31
Les Vaillants
For over 100 years, whenever someone dies, Kitcisakik men get together to build a casket as a show of solidarity with the family.
At Last I Know What Love Is
Under the Stars
With his parents’ break up at the forefront of his mind, a young boy seeks escape and someone to talk to. Without a male figure in his life, he seeks solace under the stars with a message for his Grandad, who doesn’t need to reply, but just to listen. They are not so far from here.
Harry Dean Stanton Award @ Ace Hotel
5:35
Fear
When fears grow big and hopes get small, a little boy seeks helps from the least likely superhero.
7:02
The Anniversary
Estelle tries to bring Oliver out of his gloom and they end up having an unexpected night of fun and childish games, as they reconnect and support each other through their grief over a tragic loss.
5:09
Upstanders: The Mosque Across the Street
What happens when a mosque moves across the street from a church in the Bible Belt?
6:26
Mutual Rescue: Eric & Peety
5:24
The Future of Our Species
This fall marks the release of 'Leonardo's Brain,' the book that Director Tiffany Shlain's father and best-selling author, Leonard Shlain, finished days before he passed away. Tiffany builds off her father's ideas to explore the future of our species.
14:46
Present Trauma
'Present Trauma' is a psychological drama about Keith, a Marine veteran struggling to cope with family life after a combat tour overseas.