Environmental

Tani

Directed by: Iman Smallwood, Robbie Vandeberg, and Jordan Cottrell | Production Company: Actuality Media | Documentary | Bali | 7:19

In the Summer of 2018, ODU students Iman Smallwood, Robbie Vandeberg, and Jordan Cottrell participated in the study abroad program Social Interest Documentary Filmmaking in Bali, Indonesia. They partnered with IDEP, a foundation running bio-sustainability programs based in Ubud to take this look at how permaculture and marketing can improve the lives of local farmers.

For More Information

Actuality Media
IDEP
<
>

2:27
Life Lab Alive
A celebration of the unique garden program at Pacific School called Life Lab - with an original song and video made by 4th grade students.
9:48
No Time to Waste
Ambon Bay, Indonesia. A remote paradise for underwater photographers and filmers.
10:28
Rainmakers III - A Tanzanian Story
A story about spreading an idea that teaches us to value our environment so that tree stumps can grow to become actual trees.
6:06
Words Have Power
10-year-old Jaysa rallies the community with her speeches about how the power plant causes asthma and “so much suffering.” When they succeed in shutting down the plant, Jaysa concludes that “words have power.”
Street Transformers
What do the street cleaners do at work? Now, our news channel will give you an in-depth look at the lives of street cleaners.
Save The Rain Forests
Endangered Animals
Animals
Save the Rainforests
save the rainforest
5:39
Defending The Deep
A tireless defender of the oceans and marine life, Claire Nouvian led a focused, data-driven advocacy campaign against the destructive fishing practice of deep-sea bottom trawling, successfully pressuring French supermarket giant and fleet owner Intermarché to change its fishing practices. Her coalition of advocates ultimately secured French support for a ban on deep-sea bottom trawling that led to an EU-wide ban.
6:06
Blue Ventures
In 2004, realizing that conversation had to go beyond counting species, marine biologist Alasdair Harris encouraged a coastal Madagascar community to close off a small section of their octopus-fishing area for a few months, to see if this would boost productivity.
7:08
Protecting Blue Whales and Blue Skies
A collaboration of government agencies, non-profits, and private industry come together to solve the problem of commercial ships causing increased air pollution and whale strikes in the Santa Barbara Channel.
paper video
The Ocean That We Want To Know
7:19
Tani
A look at how permaculture and marketing can improve the lives of local farmers in Bali.
2:02
Former Gang Members going Green
This former gang member just needed a second chance to turn his life around. He found it in the solar industry, thanks to Homeboy Industries.
8:53
Suryabata Pani
This is the story of Indra Sapkota, an underserved farmer in Nepal struggling to find sustainable and reliable water sources to irrigate his land.
3:13
Last Stand - The Vanishing Caribou Rainforest (Trailer)
The forthcoming documentary “Last Stand” puts the Caribou Rainforest on the map before it’s too late.
7:15
Protecting the Amazon by Advancing Indigenous Rights
Since 1996, Amazon Watch has protected the rainforest and advanced the rights of indigenous peoples in the Amazon Basin. We partner with indigenous and environmental organizations in campaigns for human rights, corporate accountability, and the preservation of the Amazon's ecological systems.