Loretta Smith
A Good American: The Times of Ron Kovic [excerpt]
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

Loretta Smith | Documentary | 2013 | USA

Loretta documents the amazing journey of Ron Kovic, a Viet-Nam war veteran and a world renowned peace activist.
<
>

From Mt. Tamalpais to Fruitvale Station
"Either there's hope, or I am merely dreaming... "A diverse community unites in arts and activism to address the epidemic of police killings of people of color in this dynamic hip hop music video.
2:30
Exam Stress, Syrian Style
In Syria they take exam stress to a whole new level. This UNICEF commission for the 6th anniversary of the war is an innovative mix of paper models, drawing and CG graphics animated using motion capture.
2:41
The Journey Within (official trailer)
In a post 9/11 Pakistan faced with challenges of war and conflict, a quest for self-identity leads the inspirational journey of a music show to help reclaim the rich and vast musical heritage of this region. In doing so it has become one of the biggest music initiatives from this side of the world, bringing together unique cultural experiences and genres, including but not limited to folk, sufi, rock, pop and rap music. We discover the show from its humble beginnings, living through its spirit to reach the heart of the experience, as artists unify eastern and western sounds to make music that will resonate across the globe; impacting all involved and planting the seeds for an ongoing inward reflection towards who we are as individuals and as a people.
7:56
I Paint, I Protest: Mary Perry Stone
'Why don’t you just paint pretty pictures?' a woman once asked the artist Mary Perry Stone.
Films about Peace
Films from the MY HERO archive celebrating those working for peace.
5:18
Us and Us_
A look at dehumanization through the eyes of a black teen and the history of genocides.
5:09
Upstanders:The Mosque Across the Street
What happens when a mosque moves across the street from a church in the Bible Belt?
5:09
Upstanders: The Mosque Across the Street
2:20
The Apology [Trailer]
3:00
MY HERO Project spotlight on Trey Carlisle
Meet 2016 Emerging Artist Trey Carlisle.
8:08
Mitu
10:08
MY HERO Pilot 2016
The MY HERO Project presents... Hosted by Kayla Briët Guest reporter Trey Carlisle
4:03
Hard Times
8:34
Post-war Machismo: Be a Man
At 15, Dragan Kisin was beating kids up, drinking, and getting in all sorts of trouble. His father had left home to avoid gambling debts, and his mother was in despair. Then Dragan joined the Be a Man club in Bosnia and Herzegovina's Banja Luka. He is now a community leader and non-violence advocate.
9:09
NOW I AM A REFUGEE
Europe is facing the worst refugee crisis since World War II. Millions of people are fleeing from armed conflicts and destabilised regimes. Knowing they may never be able to return home, many have decided to set out on the dangerous and perilous journey for a new life in Europe.
3:05
Inheriting War [Trailer]
4:38
PASAPALABRA - WHISPERER
7:56
The Hope Project
5:42
Veteran Kids
This short documentary film is a piece of the project, called Veteran Kids. In this short film, children from Indiana discuss what it is like to have a parent go to war. This short film is a part of the 'A Child's Guide to War' project.
12:00
Breath
In the middle of a war a fetus is dreaming about the word that it wants to come…