Women Transforming Media

Geralyn Dreyfous | Impact Partners

Directed by: Xenia Shin | Produced by: MY HERO | Short | 2019 | USA | 2:07

Geralyn has been called the godmother of documentary filmmaking, and is the third person to be honored with the International Dcoumentary Association's amicus award. She is a co-founder of Impact Partners, a film fund supporting the emerging field of social impact documentaries. In 2013, she co-founded GameChanger Films, the first equity financing fund established to support women-helmed film projects. GameChanger has expanded its mission and supports inclusive filmmaking and promoting underrepresented voices.

For More Information

Impact Partners
<
>

Related Pages

Call for entries for the Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Award, with FOUR images of Eva Haller corresponding to her different AGES, from black and white photo of little girl with pudgy cheeks and braids, then with a broad forehead in what looks like early womanhood and hair brushed back in a slight wave, eyes looking somewhat more close set, then in full womahood, I'd guess 30s or 40s with bright red lipstick and curly hair, and possibly some work done, bigger more rounded eye lids, and finally in the silver age, with Glasgow Calednoia University phd hat cocked jauntily on her head, a scroll, leopard print peeking through and a big smile.
The Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Award
The Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Award recognizes outstanding short films featuring women's stories.
Kathy Eldon
Kathy Eldon | Women Transforming Media
We talk to Kathy Eldon about her memoir, "In the Heart of Life," and how the tragic death of her son Dan Eldon inspired her to forgive and to carry his creative spark forward by founding Creative Visions Foundation, an agency for creative activism.
Picture of The Story of Ruby Bridges
The Story of Ruby Bridges
From the Publisher: The year is 1960, and six-year-old Ruby Bridges and her family have recently moved from Mississippi to New Orleans in search of a better life. When a judge orders Ruby to attend first grade at William Frantz Elementary, an all-white school, Ruby must face angry mobs of parents who refuse to send their children to school with her. Told with Robert Coles' powerful narrative and dramatically illustrated by George Ford.
Picture of The Hero''s Trail: A Hiking Guide for a Heroic Life
The Hero''s Trail: A Hiking Guide for a Heroic Life
Synopsis What is a hero? T. A. Barron...
Jeanne Meyers, Xenia Shin
Abigail Disney
We talk to documentary filmmaker and philanthropist Abigail Disney about why she became a documentary filmmaker, and her organizations Peace is Loud and the Daphne Foundation.wo
Picture of About Women Transforming Media
About Women Transforming Media
Women Transforming Media is as an initiative of The MY HERO Project, dedicated to profiling women who are transforming media, and the world. This initiative was made possible with the generous support of the American Association of University Women
Picture of The Armor of Light [Trailer]
The Armor of Light [Trailer]
What price conscience? THE ARMOR OF LIGHT follows an Evangelical minister and the mother of a teenage shooting victim who ask, is it possible to be both pro-gun and pro-life?
Picture of Women Transforming Media: Abigail Disney
Women Transforming Media: Abigail Disney
We talk to documentary filmmaker and philanthropist Abigail Disney about why she became a documentary filmmaker, her award-winning film "Pray the Devil Back to Hell," and her organization Peace is Loud.
Picture of Olivia Milch - Writing Ocean's 8 - Women Transforming Media Interview
Olivia Milch - Writing Ocean's 8 - Women Transforming Media Interview