Films for International Holocaust Remembrance Day

This is a collection of films for the International Holocaust Remembrance Day.

Credit: Still from “One in Thirty: The Story of Henry Oster” by Righteous Conversations Project

Teachers: Visit the free MY HERO Holocaust Remembrance Day Lesson Plan. Includes discussion guide and learning outcomes.

One in Thirty: The Story of Henry Oster

Produced by:Righteous Conversations Project

password: rcp Learn about this amazing Holocaust Survivor, Henry Oster in this award-winning student animated film.

Peace by Piece: The Story of Harry Davids

Produced by:Righteous Conversations Project Students
A group of teens use animation to illustrate the 70-year quest of a Child Survivor of the Holocaust as he pieces together his story of Nazi persecution, Dutch resistance, and emigration to South Africa.

Stan Ostern

Produced by:by Charles McMahon, David Maekawa & Clayton Sakoda
Produced by Charles McMahon, David Maekawa & Clayton Sakoda - UCSB and The Jewish Federation of Greater Santa Barbara - a video portriat of survival - Stan Ostern.

Eva Haller - Advocate for Social Justice

Jeanne Meyers
A fierce advocate for social justice - Eva Haller keep the fight alive.

Telling Jokes in Auschwitz

Produced by:Sandi Bachom and Mikal Reich
Werner Reich talks about his unique outlook on life and humor after time in a concentration camp.

Dieu Merci: The Story of Michele Rodri

This story of Michele Rodri was created with youth and Holocaust Survivors through the Righteous Conversations Project. Learn about this amazing holocaust survivor and her journey.

Tipping Scales: The Story of Lisa Jura

Produced by:The Righteous Conversations Project Students

Tipping Scales' follows the journey of a young woman on the Kindertransport from Vienna to London in 1938. This short film was created by students in the Righteous Conversations Project Digital Storytelling Workshop, Summer 2015.

The Story of Three Rings: The Memoir of Dana Schwartz

Holocaust Survivor Dana Schwartz recounts her life in the Lvov Ghetto during the Holocaust in 'The Story of Three Rings', created by students in the Righteous Conversations Project Digital Storytelling Workshop, Summer 2015.

The White Rose

By: Ian Kim
The story of the German students who resisted the Nazis by distributing incendiary leaflets.

Zuzana: Music is Life (Trailer)

Produced by:Getzels Gordon Productions

An uplifting and inspiring musical story of love, tyranny and triumph.

Curt Lowens: A Life of changes

Produced by:Justin Binder, August Blum, Robert Carlson, Levi Glaser, George Khab...

The Righteous Conversations Digital Storytelling Workshop brings to the screen Holocaust Survivor Curt Lowens' story of escape and resistance during World War II.

Hold the Sun in Your Hands: The Erika Jacoby Story

Righteous Conversations Project

Created by students from across Los Angeles with Holocaust Survivor Erika Jacoby and Filmmaker Mentor C. Lily Ericsson.

Share Our Stories - Curt

Produced by:Chance Hakimi, Yonah Yasmeh, Tiffany Farshi, Dr. Jim Lichti
Curt's story as a Holocaust survivor encourages the young generation to be strong and have hope.

Share Our Stories - David

Produced by:Maxine Malekmehr, Hannah Berookhim and Niki Nickfardjam
A story about David as Holocaust survivor encourages the young generations to be brave and have hope for a brighter future.

Related Pages

International Holocaust Remembrance Day | Helpers Resisters

By: MY HERO Staff
Honoring those who fought, resisted and helped others during the Holocaust.

International Holocaust Day | Voices of Survivors

By: MY HERO Staff
International Holocaust Day is observed to inscribe the atrocities of the Holocaust into our hearts and our history. To that end it is important to hear the testimony of the survivors of the Holocaust.

International Holocaust Remembrance Day | Artwork

By: MY HERO Staff
Holocaust Remembrance through Art submitted to the Gallery

International Holocaust Remembrance Day | Text With Audio

By: Laura Nietzer
Let us never forget the Holocaust. These stories all have text with an audio link allowing students to listen as they read along.

International Holocaust Remembrance Day | Heroes Working to Stop Future Genocide

By: MY HERO Staff
Heroes Working to Stop Future Genocide

International Holocaust Remembrance Day

By: MY HERO Staff
January 27

Anne Frank & Miep Gies

By: Erin Gruwell

Anne Frank & Miep Gies are heroes to Freedom Writers founder and teacher, Erin Gruwell.

Righteous Conversations - MEDIA Award

Righteous Conversations Project mentors youth to tell stories that promote tolerance.

The Righteous Conversations Project

Links

United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
Credit: USHMM
Echoes and Reflections Holocaust Teacher Resources for Middle and High School
Credit: Echoes and Reflections
International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance
Credit: International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance

MY HERO Calendars for use in the Classroom

MY HERO's Teachers Calendar Features Lesson Plans and Multimedia Resources

Teachers Calendar

Learn about a New Hero Every Day of the Year: Use the MY HERO Calendar in the Classroom

Share Your Hero Essays, Films and Art through our Create Program

Outstanding essays submitted to MY HERO will be considered for a certificate/t-shirt prize or be featured on the Story Homepage.

Submit your artwork to be entered in the MY HERO art contest or to be exhibited on our Gallery Homepage.

Students can submit their films for free with a waiver to the MY HERO International Film Festival.

Organizer created on 1/21/2020 8:12:46 AM by Laura Nietzer

Last edited 1/2/2024 2:13:46 PM by Laura Nietzer