Short

Mohamed Sidibay: Teaching Peace

The MY HERO Project | Short | 2018 | USA | 2:48

Mohamed Sidibay is a survivor of a horrific civil war in Sierra Leone, where he was forced to fight as a child soldier. Now he advocates for better access to education worldwide.

For More Information

Mohamed Sidibay article on meeting the Dali Lama
<
>

Morgan Freeman
My hero: Lady Gaga, parents and best friends
Chosen
March for our Lives - LA 2018
2:48
Mohamed Sidibay: Teaching Peace
Lincoln
Pele, the Legend of Brazil
Habibie: Mr. Crack
Ultimate Achievements Of Soekarno
Laguna ECO Heroes - Opening segment
Featuring amazing environmental heroes of Laguna Beach!
1:10
Laguna Bluebelt 2017 Photo Contest Winners!
The Laguna Bluebelt Photo contest winners slideshow.
6:49
Oprah's Surprise Visit to Jeni Stepanek
Video tribute from Oprah Winfrey's Super Soul Sunday
7:36
My Hero Pomozi.ba
8:24
Foster Parents Needed
2:15
His First Day
2:04
SWEAT - Fighting for Sex Workers’ Rights in South Africa
A psa for the rights of sex workers in South Africa and how to help.
4:15
Gerascophobia
The animation film 'Gerascophobia' is about a boy called 'Mo' who has fears for growing up and ageing. Mo does many ridiculous things to avoid growing up. The animation describes his mundane life moments, shows his fears of separation, mortality, taking responsibility, and standing out as an independent individual. The ideas were mainly from personal life experience and childhood memories. The theme of my works is mostly about children’s fears and anxieties, and self-identity. I focus on childhood anxieties as a means of gaining insight to the anxieties of adults. As we mature, rationality and social pressures inhibit our instinctive responses as we learn to conceal our fears.
1:58
The Hero's Journey
The Hero’s Journey | Is my graduation project for the University HKU | Image and Media Technology Since the beginning of time people are fascinated by stories of hero’s. But did you know there is a fundamental structure that's lies beneath all these tales of fantasy. Joseph Campbell, a famous mythologist, was the first to discover similarities within all ancient myths. He called it the Monomyth. According to him there are 17 stages in which every hero has to walk through one way or the other. Christopher Vogler a Hollywood development executive was inspired by the writings of Campbell. He wrote his own adaptation guide for hollywood screenwriters. In the hero’s journey his 12 stages are visualized by using iconic blockbuster movies that follow the same structure of storytelling.
2:18
The Spectrum
Quinn MacLaughlin overcame open heart surgery his first week of life, only to overcome another mountain. The Label of Autism. This is a narrative giving voice to one who is told what he isn't. Narrative Documentary treatment waiting for funding following a spectrum child finding his way against the statistical barriers to prove he is rather than the statistics of who he isn't.
12:00
Breath
In the middle of a war a fetus is dreaming about the word that it wants to come…